Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mitsu will bump the h.p. to 310 hp

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2002, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mitsu will bump the h.p. to 310 hp

I was in a meeting with our distrect mgr today at our dealer about the Evo, and Mitsu is rasing the h.p. to 310 and now they are shooting for August. The price will still be the same.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

man, you'd better be right. If you're wrong, I'm gonna run all the way over there to streamwood and kick you and your district manager's *** personally for toying with my emotions. jk . I'm not going to say I believe you, but it would be nice if it were true.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 09:52 AM

I know how you feel, we have told so much crap about the evo for almost a year now that all of us at our dealer are pretty much saying that we will beleve it when we see it, but this manager is a good guy and get's his info from the top to give to all us low people that work for mitsu.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

lol, "low people", whuteva. You guys make the company, not the execs. Anyways. Thats enough of my naive and ideallistic rant. I'm still gonna believe it when I see it. I'm not saying you're lying or anything. If I worked for mitsu and some bigwig said that was whats happening, I would've done exactly what you did. I'm just taking it with a grain of salt. I'll be looking forward to august, but if august comes and goes with no evo, i'm not gonna be surprised or disappointed or anything.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

what do u mean its the same price?? the same price as it is in japan 25,500???
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Evoandy
man, you'd better be right. If you're wrong, I'm gonna run all the way over there to streamwood and kick you and your district manager's *** personally for toying with my emotions. jk
I agree whole-heartedly
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:06 AM

They are telling us its going to start under 30k
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

that would be very nice of them
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:18 AM

i forgot to mention that they are changing the cylinders to up the h.p. thats all i was told for today.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by meanrick69
i forgot to mention that they are changing the cylinders to up the h.p. thats all i was told for today.
How so? or won't you told how?
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

are they upping displacement or something? I'm confused. That seems like a ludicrous amount of R&D... I don't think mitsu would change the 4g63 that much. It doesn't make any sense.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:29 AM

Now mitsu is telling us that they want over 300 h.p. before they sell them, and they are doing that by using a better cylinder. We did'nt go into detail about it cause we are gearing up for the sale of the VRX, Lancer wagen, Airtreck, And the new Montero Sport. We all have herd so much crap about the Evo that nobody really cares untill the time comes closer to getting a few.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:33 AM

Hell, i'm tired of all the mitsu reps telling us crap cause it's always changing.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

We all have herd so much crap about the Evo that nobody really cares untill the time comes closer to getting a few.
Thats probably the best way to look at it. I don't think mitsu is going to get 300+ hp out of the engine after redoing the fuel system to work on US gas. I think they are just going to get it to pass US emissions and crash tests, then send it. It doesn't make sense that they would do more than that, and screwing with the engine internals isn't really going to help anything regarding that. The only change I can see them making is replacing the current FMIC with one from an older evo, so they have slightly more room for bumper reinforcement. Mitsubishi has pretty smart business practices, so I don't think they would be stupid enough to dump millions of dollars into R&D to re-engineer the 4g63 which is probably the biggest asset to their company as of right now...
Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

You say "Start at under 30k" Are they bringing different trims or will the price go up with options?

Nick

Quick Reply: mitsu will bump the h.p. to 310 hp