Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just my crummy luck... Need advice on next step...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What if the other guy does not have insurance? What if he just ignores you and walks away?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

holy crap $400?!?!

and kinetic i would have called his insurance, except i have no idea who it is... i still don't have the info yet, but the police said i should get it in 5 - 10 days.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

sorry about you car man....it's sad that there are scums likt that out there....good luck bro
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Dam, that sucks, there are some stupid non-cosiderate people out there.

I had my car parked at the supermarket and while checking out I saw a little kid running around my car with his hands all over it and leaning on it and stuff, ( a little backround on me, I'm obsessive with my cars, they are always clean, I park far from anyone and I drive the Talon most of the time to keep the Evo safe).

So I took the kids hands all over my car for a while and then had to run outside and I politly asked him to stop, since it is a little kid. There where a bunch of people around so no idea who the parents were.

After I asked the little kid to stop he runs to his mother, who immediately ask what happened, so I explain and said no big deal and it was OK, expecting a I'm sorry and it being the end of it. Nope she procedds to start yelling at me, what's the big deal if he touches my car, "he can touch your car" and this turned into a big yelling match in the middle of the parking lot as if I beat her kid and with people all over the place looking at us.

So I'm not surprised with some the type of people you run into sometimes. Good luck with your situation, most likely his insurance company will just pay for it, Allstate use to be good at paying off claims like that, hopefully he had them.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

I am so sorry to hear what happened. Just reading this made me so upset. I can't stand people being so unreasonable when it is clearly their fault. You totally did the right thing.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

sugar in his gas tank
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

call your company imediately and report it. dont even give this assh*le the opportunity to pay it out of pocket. and make sure whoever gives you an estimate jacks up the price just to screw this guy over even more. youre a stonger person than i am. i honestly think i would have killed him if he tried to ignor me like that
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I were you, I would have taken the 10 bucks he offered and punched him in the face, saying 'thank you'. But that's just me!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

you kept some composure, good job. If a person pulled this on me and walked away in my face...on man...lock up the children, b/c the curse words are rolling out.

I guess what's funny about your story is this...this guy is so sure he's not at fault that he's willing to lose face and time later on front of the cops just to try to prove it's no biggie, and at the end he got cited. If he was smart, he would have either just wrote you a check, or gave you the info. You two go your own ways, let insurance handle it and all this would have cost him like 5 mins of his time.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

I dont think you have to pay a deuctable do you? Sounds wrong
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nutrulz
Report the accident to your insurance, including all his info. That is what your insurance is for, situations like this. You will not have to pay a deductible, they will chase down his insurance and you will get your car fixed.
Couldn't have said it better, his insurance will be obligated to pay yours for their time and have your car fixed. If they don't your company will surely take them to court.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

hmm is that right... i had called my dad and he said i shouldn't have to pay any deductible as well... i thought we had to because that's what the officer said. She could be wrong.. I'll just ask the insurance company when i get the report.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Crap man, that sucks. That guy is a f'er. Sorry to hear about the door. I admire your resistance to kicking his ****. I would have thrown him through his window if that guy pulled that with me. But do make him pay hardcore, he'll hurt when he gets the bill for everything.

Good luck.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Between a ding in the sheetmetal and the repaint that will be necessary on the mirror, $500 minimum.

Thank you for reinforcing my dislike for the entire NYC metro area. The number of crass and self-centered people up there make the metro DC area look like an amateur league.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

good job keeping your cool bro, i know its real hard to do, especially in instances like that, but you played it well, as for advice, i say you get an estimate on how much it costs and have him pay for it, going through insurance would $uck

Quick Reply: Just my crummy luck... Need advice on next step...