Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just my crummy luck... Need advice on next step...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Just my crummy luck... Need advice on next step...

So I went to the mitsu service department to get my buzzing speaker fixed...
Took about a hour and they fixed it! NICE, so i'm all in a good mood driving to the trainstation, got in the parking lot, parked at the roof... and the RAIN was POURING!!

So i opened the door, and got out of my car. I was ready to run to the elevator, when i heard BOOOom... At first i thought my car moved foward or something and hit something. When i turned around i noticed some guy had pulled into the spot next to me and opened his door so wide that it hit my side view mirror (BENT IT half way shut... ) AND he hit my car door!! LEFT A NICE WHITE DENT on my tarmac evo!!! I just got the car in mid august!! So it's been only 2 months!!! I've always been parking at an end spot but today ... JUST TODAY i had to go to work late because of the speaker, and THIS GUY OUT of the 2917301293213 people in the parking lot had to hit my car!!! I went over to check out the damage, and i was "excuse sir you just hit my car..." and i went over to look at the damage, I could only see the dent on the side door because of the heavy rain. I was like how did you manage to hit my car?!?! i left so much space on your side!! He was apparently parked crooked and MAN I DON"T EVEN KNOW!! This guy was driving a crappy old rusted and scratched up Nissan Stanza XE... I then told the guy can i have your information. He was like THere's nO DENT!! I was like what do you call this?!??! it's right in front of your face!!

He ignored and closed his door and proceeded to walk towards the elevator. I chased after the guy and was screaming at him. SIR YOU JUST HIT MY CAR AND YOU ARE IGNORING ME??? He was like what do you want me to do? I said give me your information!!! Insurance, registration etc! He refused to give me anything and wanted to get in the elevator. Then i proceeded to make a scene, I scream okay if you dont' care about your own property at least care and have respect for others! It's a brand new car i didn't even finish paying it off yet! He was like okay i'll give you $10 and settle it ok? I was like 10 bucks? That will definately cost more than that, so i proceeded to call the poilce. The woodbridge police came and didn't do much, said they had no jurisdiction and oculdn't write any report, and called for transit police. I had to wait another 30 minutes before the transit police came. While we were waitng that guy called me (we were waiting in our cars and he only gave me his cell phone number), and asked how much do you want to settle this? I told him i'm not a mechanic or anything and i don't know how much it'll cost but If you would just give me your information i can call you with the estimate and all. He was like dont' you have any common sense?!? All they have to do is put some paint on it.. and before he could finish I was about to really lose it and let this guy have it. But on my better judgement, all i said was COMMON SENSE?? you hit my car and yo... and he hung up the phone. So I let the police take care of the rest. Funny thing is, as the police was talking to me, he got out of the car and hit my door again! I didn't even notice it this time and the officer said, SIR can you please stop hitting his door? I'm already here writting this report! and he's likeI'm just showing you, can you see any dent?!? So later, when the officer was done writting down all our information she went to take a look at the damage and the guy went to demostrate how he hit my car again... GEE how nice of him. So .. I'm not sure what to do now. Do i take my care in for an estimate now? The officer said she isn't sure if this will be a full accident report, or just a minor case that'll be filed and sent to us. I'm not sure what I should be doing next, since if i do go through insurance it probably wouldn't be worth it because i have to pay deductible. Any suggestions? Phew... needed to vent this out... Thanks in advance for listening and offering any suggestions...

Pictures of dent here...
Here's a picture:
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Good God some people are scum. I would have socked that ***er in the face if he repeatidly kept on slamming his door against mine.

I would wait for a police report and then call up your insurance company and explain to them your situation.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Report the accident to your insurance, including all his info. That is what your insurance is for, situations like this. You will not have to pay a deductible, they will chase down his insurance and you will get your car fixed.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

god that sucks. you may just want to bite the bullet and pay for it to get it fixed. happened to my dad with his brand new durango at a jets game.

find out if insurance will pay for it first, of course.

i would advise pissing all over his door handle next time you see it.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:11 AM

Damn bro, i'm sorry to hear about the situation your in. This is one of those storieds that just PISSES a person off to read. Good job on keeping your composure. As far as what to do, it's up to you if you want to get your insurance involved. Your right, it probably won't be more than the deductible so that would seem to be a waste. I'd get an estimate and call the guy back and see if he will pay for it. Good luck.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

yeah man...you wont have to pay a thing. his insurance will have to cover it as long as your insurance company dosnt D**K you over
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, that sounds likea good idea. I'm going to grab an estimate, and see if that guy wants to pay in full. If he does then i won't bother going through insurance. If he doesn't then i'll call insurance. Man the nerve some of people.....
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:25 AM

i would call either your insurance or his. if you go through your insurance you may have to pay a ded but you should be reimbursed if they can contact his insurance.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

I dont think i could control myself in that situation. The bad thing is he lives where you live and knows wich one is your car. I would try getting his insurance to pay for it. If that dont work then take matters into your own hands. Follow the dude to some other place without him knowing and throw a brick through his window or slash all 4 tires. But let about a month go by and go in a diferent car too.
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The guys insurance should cover it. Good luck and sorry to hear about this.
Evolving Member

You just need to call your insurance comapany and they will tell you what to do.
I had something like this happen to my Mercedes. Late one night the kid next door was out side under my window talking to his friends, calling me a bunch of names because I was "rich" which I was not! I just spend too much on cars! He then started wailing on my hood with something puting a few major dents on it. He thought I was asleep.
You should have seen his face when I creeped up behind him and said "Was that fun for you? Because I'm sure having fun calling the cops on my cell phone! He **** his pants and so did his mom. They had to pay damages and were evicted from our apartment building.
I wanted to just give him a beat down but he was only about 10.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:40 AM

I agree with nutrulz.......(by the way that is a evil Avatar........yikes!) If you're finding hassles with your insurance (not everyones insurance is accomodating) Go to small claims court after getting an esitmate. This may take awhile, but with the police report, and the fact that the guy replayed his offense to the officer, you should have no problem. Whatever comes of it is giant Shi@ sandwich that will take lots of time. Sorry for your trouble.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

aghhh all the trouble and hassles!! I had a feeling something bad was going to happened when i woke up this morning... but i forgot about it after my speaker was fixed... SIGHHH next time i should just stay home when i have that feeling lol
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Sweet jesus, why do you people not know what to do when your car is damaged by someone else!

CALL THE OTHER GUY'S INSURANCE COMPANY IMMEDIATELY!!!

If you call your company, you WILL pay your deductible, and probably have it refunded to you after subrogation, but subrogation can take upwards of 6 months! Not to mention by calling your own insurance company, you are filing a claim on yourself which may very well raise your rates! Your own company does not need to be involved in this at all unless the other company flat out refuses to fix your car. Period!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

I have a little dent in my door from someone opening their door into it. Just barely noticable. Had it estimated at $400! It's expensive to get stuff like that fixed. If he doesn't pay for the damages, take him to small claims court.

Quick Reply: Just my crummy luck... Need advice on next step...