Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Do you own your home? (Paid-in-Full)
Yes, Home is paid off!
6.67%
No, but I am paying a mortgage.
71.37%
No, Not the right time in my life.
21.96%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

How many Evo owners own their home?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mo168
I live with parents but I own an Evo, Mini Cooper S and 2 new Townhome that are rented out.

Florida is a very good market for homes now. If I were to sale my home tomorrow I would almost double my original purchasing price. It is on one year old home and has twice the original value. Too bad cars don't gain value like that!

-Nate
Old Oct 31, 2005, 06:09 PM
Former Vendor

I Own 2 homes, one I live in, and a duplex I rent out, and am working on my 2nd rental property. Supra guys have no room to talk...they are the ones that way over paid for there car.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

i'm 22, living with my parents so i can pay off some student loans and save up while things settle around me. i don't want to buy a home in this seller's market and end up moving in a year or 2 when the market could very definitely be much more of a buyer's market. once i'm more certain that i'm staying in this area i'll build a house on some family land, until then i'm comfortable
Old Oct 31, 2005, 06:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
being an ex supra guy, on the surface I would agree with what they say. I have no doubt that there are plenty of EVO guys that have a house also. But you do have to question a lot of the posts on t his forum. Please don't take this wrong, but it seems like a ton of posters have just graduated from a Honda to a EVO, and the first thing they want is a BOV and intake so they sound cool. It's like they're "wannabies", from some sort of wannabie manufacturing facility located in SoCal. And like a virus, it's spreading. Probably due to the lower cost of used models. The EVO owners that own their own house just don't seem to post as much as "the others".

But below the surface, their is definitely a following of well informed and well funded EVO owners that could hold their own against the supra community. They are just different platforms in two different arenas, but both good.
Considering Supras and Evos are fairly close in price point, I would say the demographics aren't that drastically different.

ABout the housing market, yes, there are going to be some very hurt individuals very soon. I have heard 1031 Exchange horror stories. People are buying income property with negative cashflow that have zero idea of what they're doing. The same people are also buying these places on 5 year balloon notes, and I hate to break it to you, but the housing market WILL deflate within that timeframe and we'll be looking at foreclosure city. I just purchased a condo, and I certainly am not a short term appreciation guy, but I think the writing is on the wall. I am seriously considering selling, investing the equity in a rental property (or 2) outside California and go back to renting here for awhile. Ok, real estate rant off. Take that Supra guys

Last edited by Erik@MIL.SPEC; Oct 31, 2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

used to own but a dyke judge gave my wife mine but i guess i cant bitc h since i have my evo still
Old Oct 31, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bling_srt-4
I bought my house when I was 19, decided that i didn't want to rent, and pay someone elses mortgage ..
Amen on that, bro. My wife and I lived in an apt. for a few years, at $900+ per mo. That's $900 that's $900/mo that could've gone into a mortgage.

Great choice on buying.

BTW, my wife and I own. I know it's not an Evo, but I figured I'd reply. An Evo is nearly expensive so.....
Old Oct 31, 2005, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blueo4
used to own but a dyke judge gave my wife mine but i guess i cant bitc h since i have my evo still
That sucks bad...
Old Oct 31, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

I wish I would have got a house sooner. I plan on selling next year, I should make enough to pay off the EVO.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm saving up to buy a house as well. I doubt I'll be living in NYC in a few years cuz of the crazy real estate prices here. I just may move south, i.e.- DFW Texas, or Atlanta, GA. At the same time I will be taking a month off to clear my mind and when I come back I will start my new job that'll pay me double what I'm making now.

my girlfriend is saving all the dough she can as well for our future. She has no debts, no credit card bills, etc.

Her main expenses are rent and food, and her night classes.

For me I do have a few bills to pay off and other monthly expenses, but when I start my new job I can pay off my billz faster.

My 60 year old dad, who retired at 50, owns 2 Houses here in NYC on the same block each worth $700,000 a piece and also owns rental property in Thailand. He owns about 4 houses there plus a lot of land which has been passed down from generation to generation. I know that as a first born son, I'm in line to inherit this stuff.....but I do prefer to make it on my own and prove to him that I dont need any handouts.....But then again, what the heck if its being given to me I'll take it...
Although my dad has nothing to do with me, I would like to walk in his footsteps and get rich thru real estate.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Nate,

I appreciate your advise about paying off your home quick. I will say that if I was still in the Navy (7 years), it would have been alot easier due to the housing allowance the military gave each month which would have covered a mortgage. However, most people aren't able to do that unless they make a ton of money or have a less expensive home.

As for me, I own a home that's just under 200,000. I'm doing my best to pay my home off early. I think the best advise you can give someone is to get a great interest rate, and finance for 15 years instead of 30. (If you can afford it). Most people are not going to own their own home by 29 or even 40. (Paid off)

Congrats on your home payoff! Wish I was there!
Old Oct 31, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nvr2old32
Nate,

I appreciate your advise about paying off your home quick. I will say that if I was still in the Navy (7 years), it would have been alot easier due to the housing allowance the military gave each month which would have covered a mortgage. However, most people aren't able to do that unless they make a ton of money or have a less expensive home.

As for me, I own a home that's just under 200,000. I'm doing my best to pay my home off early. I think the best advise you can give someone is to get a great interest rate, and finance for 15 years instead of 30. (If you can afford it). Most people are not going to own their own home by 29 or even 40. (Paid off)

Congrats on your home payoff! Wish I was there!

Thank you and yes the BAH that the Navy gives us was a huge factor but I also saved money from Tax free Gulf deployments (6 of them) as well as 7 years of overseas tours in Yokosuka, Japan. I have been in the military for 8 years and I am currently an E-7. Still not getting paid but doing the job. You have to love the Navy get promoted but wait an entire year to get paid mean while you have all of the new responsibilities.

Oh well it could be worse.

-Nate
Old Oct 31, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

i am 22, and have an apartment out here in wyoming. I live with my parents in chicago, and by the time i get done working out here, about another year, i will have enought saved up to pay for my house being built.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Im 27 and I wanted the Evo when it came out in 03 but I saved for my house that I bought at the begining of 05. Now I finally got my new Evo. It was worth the wait.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Im 27 and I wanted the Evo when it came out in 03 but I saved for my house that I bought at the begining of 05. Now I finally got my new Evo. It was worth the wait.
Good move to wait. I too waited and am happier for it.

-Nate
Old Oct 31, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Im 23 18,000 in school loans paid off in 18 months. Paid cash for the rest of school while in it. Next is paying off the evo ASAP. Then i will work on the house part. Not to bad for paying for everything myself since i was 16. i think.

Quick Reply: How many Evo owners own their home?