Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX: Sun Sound Leather PKG vs Standard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by poohlvhun
the interior of the 8 and 9 are the same with the ssl package.
(except for the carbon fiber strip across the dash)

correct me if i am wrong.
and the steering wheel color
Old Nov 9, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Also with SSL you lose some head room...might not be important for 95% of you, but I'm 6'4"!!! If I get one, no SSL for me. I'll add some HID's aftermarket, then my own stereo.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

I just got a IX for 1k under MSRP without the SSL package. I had an 03 with a sunroof and it was nice, but I think I can live without it. The leather would **** me off over time and I put in my own system. So in other words it makes no sense for me to pay 3k more for $hit I could care less about.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
I just got a IX for 1k under MSRP without the SSL package. I had an 03 with a sunroof and it was nice, but I think I can live without it. The leather would **** me off over time and I put in my own system. So in other words it makes no sense for me to pay 3k more for $hit I could care less about.
x2

Where did you buy BTW? I was up at People's and they just pissed me off....have that stupid a$$ adjusted market value mark up...
Old Nov 9, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Only reason i'd get the SSL would be on a 05 or older cause I don't like the seats. The seats on the IX standard are AWESOME. 3 grand for leather a sun roof ill never use and "sound package" which sounded worse in the SSL than the standard in the showroom right next to eachother, to me at least =P
Old Nov 10, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dookie
x2

Where did you buy BTW? I was up at People's and they just pissed me off....have that stupid a$$ adjusted market value mark up...
I talked to a guy named Harry Town (I think it was Harry lol) at People's and he said he would let an MR go for MSRP. I got mine at Courtsey. Just tell them your willing to buy for xx,xxx.xx and they will take it to there sales manager to see if they can approve it. It was no problem at all.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 04:46 PM

well.. i like the IX standard seats a lot, so I will probably be going with the standard model, and get aftermarket HIDs
what do you guys think about the price $32,500 OTD approximately
this is about $30,400 before tax, title, etc.
Thanks

Last edited by Lancer 4 Me; Nov 10, 2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
I talked to a guy named Harry Town (I think it was Harry lol) at People's and he said he would let an MR go for MSRP. I got mine at Courtsey. Just tell them your willing to buy for xx,xxx.xx and they will take it to there sales manager to see if they can approve it. It was no problem at all.
Damn, if they will let an MR go for MSRP I will have to look into that. Still a little too early to put a deposit down on one. Need to sell my other house first. (Won't be until tenants leave in Feb.)
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
Yeah, i also think the regular 9 seats are awesome. They actually match the rest of the interior. I would try to get a 9 w/ just the sunroof. You don't need leather and you don't need the cheesy 10" sub.

The sub actually makes it impossible to put in a rear strut bar. See how much for them to just an a sunroof. Only draw back is the sunroof (from what i heard) weighs like 200 lbs. It sounds crazy but that's what i heard on this forum. Adding weight to evo is not good if you want performance.

But man do i miss a sunroof!!!!!!!!!
The sunroof doesn't add 200 lbs. It's more like 30 lbs.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

OK..so are the seats on the 9 with ssl all leather like the ones on the 8 ssl????
Old Nov 11, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

I love my leather! It wasn't necessary for me to have it when I bought it, but everyone that has the standard package likes mine better than their own. I was getting a good deal so why not?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Regular '05 VIII's and '06' IX's don't have foglights. The SSL's and MR's have them integrated into the main cluster - other wise it is just a silver dome covering up the empty spot.

I like the IX seats better then the leather, but I did not like the VIII blue seats at all - so leather was a welcome option, but I don't like the way it smells. I can't wait for the new car smell to go away.

The HID's were a must for me. I have an add on kit in my Eclipse, but there's nothing like the security of an OEM system.

You can't break out the SSL package, it is all or nothing. I like sunroofs and will probably never do anything with my car where the sunroof will become a liability. You can have a 'roof cut in if you want, I'd rather it be factory.

The sound system is decent, and I know it will be replaced one day, but it gets the job done. Even if you just replace the deck most any sound shop swill have Infinity adapters where you can still use the amp and speakers. I plan on a custom box one day so I can have a rear brace, but it isn't keeping me up at night that I can't put one on right now.

Last edited by GPTourer; Nov 11, 2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 03:16 PM

is it possible to add foglights just as i would be able to add an HIDs?