Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

APS 3.5" exhaust vs JIC Ti

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APS 3.5" exhaust vs JIC Ti

Trying to decide on which one to get, so i figured id get some personal opinions on the sound from people who have heard them both. I have heard the 3.5" APS, but not the JIC, and i cant find anyone who has it. I know a few shops have sold them around here.. but i cant exactly track em down just to hear the exhaust.. lol
So my main question is, i dont want a high pitched/raspy one. I want something that sounds deep and mean. So lets hear it, which one is the winner?
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
Trying to decide on which one to get, so i figured id get some personal opinions on the sound from people who have heard them both. I have heard the 3.5" APS, but not the JIC, and i cant find anyone who has it. I know a few shops have sold them around here.. but i cant exactly track em down just to hear the exhaust.. lol
So my main question is, i dont want a high pitched/raspy one. I want something that sounds deep and mean. So lets hear it, which one is the winner?
Wow, APS makes a 3.5" exhaust...? You got more info on this?
Old Dec 19, 2005, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

The aps exhaust is just 3.5" all the way through. Check their site for more exact info and pics...

Anyone else have some personal experience with either of these exhaust? (Aps & jic)
Old Dec 19, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

You really don't need a 3.5 exhaust system. All you really need is 3" should be fine. What kinda of hp numbers are you looking to put down. You should do some checking around on exhaust systems before you buy....What are you looking for in a exhuast system? That is the big question..
Old Dec 19, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, Jay and Johnny at Mynes performance in Mesa are both running the Jic titanium on their shop Evos. I am sure that they would give you a sound check.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

John doenst have his 8 anymore, so the JIC isnt on, and havnt asked about Jay.
I know i dont need 3.5" right now, but it wont hurt to have it. Especially since its $100 cheaper then after everything for a TB JIC. I want something deep and throaty sounding, not highpitched/raspy.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Check out my post on the HorsepowerFreaks 3.5" exhaust. The fit, sound, quality, and price are incredible. I can't stop walking behind my car just to listen to it idle, I love it!:

Edit: Their exhaust is also hand-fabricated right here in the USA!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...41&postcount=6

Tom
Old Dec 19, 2005, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

No thanks on the exhaust, but if your gonna advertise the great sound of it, might want to have a video attached or something.. lol
Old Dec 19, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

O well I guess iam just gonna go with aps 3.5"
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Not trying to offend or push anything on you, just wanted to let you know about an option you probably weren't aware of since I am so happy with it. I will have sound/video clips when spring breaks but my Evo is away for the winter. For the price of that APS I would expect it to be titanium. I'm sure you'll be happy either way because both are awesome systems!

Tom
Old Dec 20, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
APS all the way, I have had two of their exhausts and couldn't be happier w/ the quality/fit
Old Dec 20, 2005, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

I would have said Jic awhile back up until some people on here said they had the problem of rattling, and not outside like on a heat shield, but rattling internally.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
APS's website is or how can I buy this 3.5" exhaust? Isn't it a 3" that quickly enlarges to a 3.5"?
Old Dec 20, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

I have vishnu sig. maybe i'll post get a vid going, sounds real mean :]

but if it is APS or JIC for you then i'd say go APS, full 3.5" all the way where as JIC tapers, I believe.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

JIC does not taper. I have the JIC 505 but in the SS version. I dont need the Ti. JIC is actually 3.15" and sounds real good. Pretty quiet on throttle, throaty off throttle and at wide open it is a medium growl I would say. No rattling issues either. Fitment was excellent.

The JIC 505 DP has taper, rather neckdown at the flanges and wont clear the stock tie bars, but it clears the TC.

Quick Reply: APS 3.5" exhaust vs JIC Ti