Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Did Mits. save weight when they painted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2003, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The evo paint job quality in general just sucks. Pop your hood and look at the paint job under there. They didnt do that extra clear coat job to make the engine bay just as polished and nice as the outside of the car( like the s2000's, ITR's, MSP). This was very surprising to me to find this. I would have thought mitsubishi to give the best paint job possibe on a car with this status. Great car, but this is probobly one of the car's biggest downfalls in my opinion. Its just plain cheap!
Old Mar 25, 2003, 05:38 PM

Just like to say, I've ordered A YELLOW JAPAN spec EVO VIII and having owned two white evos and two black evo I tell you now when you are at the stop lights you will turn some heads in a Yellow
Also Be carefull As in my evo VII stone chips by the rear wheel flear This is because of the wheels when turning, stones etc will hit the rear just behind the wheel this can't be fixed
You can buy protection for that rear guard, The joys of owning a high powered car
Old Mar 25, 2003, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Thought I'd post the link below from the "show and shine" area:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=17738

I don't know for sure, but it looks like paint problems might be fairly common on the Lancer...
Old Mar 26, 2003, 09:51 AM

The Blue Evo at the dealer here is awful. There is orange peel all over the paint. Thats the first thing I noticed from across the showroom, so thats pretty bad.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Silver is good

Originally posted by ImportPePe
So how's the color Blue By You quality-wise compared to Apex Silver? I have to choose between BYU and Apex Silver, since the BYU Evo is coming earlier than the Apex Silver, both no sunroof, I would like to know the quality of the BYU or the Apex Silver, so which one is better?
My silver EVO8 is still very new (only 400 miles). I already had it washed and waxed with a carnuba type wax to try to protect the finish as much as I can. The fallout where I live is horrible. I also live near the RR and the diesel fuel fallout is really bad
Anyway, I did notice right away that the paint job on my car is very nice. Specially compared with the paint jobs of my 2 previous Miatas or the WRX that I just traded in. My WRX was the blaze yellow that everybody trashes nowdays . I really liked the WRX and I liked the yellow too, but I really think that the metallic silver paint of my EVO looks really good and appears to be of good quality. We'll see how it hold up in the long run. I hope it continues to look as good 2 years from now
Old Mar 28, 2003, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

my paint justy plain pisses me off, but I try not to think of the fact that I have 20,000 miles, and the damm paint is chipping!!!!
Old Mar 30, 2003, 08:13 PM

Hey if these dealers included a true professional paintjob with their dealer markups, then Evos sold over MSRP might be a deal