Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Well it was bound to happen....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2003, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it was bound to happen....

Tonight on my way home from work a heavily modded civic chased me down and revved on me. Arrogant little punk had a smug smile on his face so I decided what the heck. I was doing about 60 but was coasting in 5th. Downshifted to 4th which wasn't the right gear but he got the idea that I was ready to race. Another ds into 3rd and we're off. I pulled immediately on him but not as fast as I'd like to. I kept pulling all the way through 4th so it was obvious he wouldn't be catching me and was the slower car. I only had about 2.5 - 3 cars on him though. Hard to tell at night. I think it was at least 3. His civic was pretty fast. So we get to a light and both make left turns. I put in 1st with an easy shift to 2nd like I was driving normal. He's riding my **** the whole time waiting to punch it around the corner. I floor it from 2nd, 3rd, 4th ahead of him the whole time gaining inches. I was about 2 cars ahead but not gaining much just steady inch gains. I slow down at top of 4th and he flys by me which I thought meant he realized it was over. I have the faster car. Then again he's a civic owner. He's ahead of me but waiting for me as I approach he guns it and so do I. He was already 2 cars ahead and I was creeping on his butt until we hit a turn. 3 times I was faster it was over. But no he persisted to nag me by revving, slowing down on me, flashing his brights at me. Geesh, give it a rest dude you were beat. Not only that we came upon some mild traffic which I will never race in. I don't believe in endangering others in my foolhardy explorations. So anyways be prepared for some lamer civics harrassing you cuz you drive a real sports car.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Congratulation!! Its good that you didnt race in traffic, safety first. Besides, we dont want another Evolution VIII to be destroyed
Old Apr 4, 2003, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Well it was bound to happen....

Originally posted by Evilution
Tonight on my way home from work a heavily modded civic chased me down and revved on me. Arrogant little punk had a smug smile on his face so I decided what the heck. I was doing about 60 but was coasting in 5th. Downshifted to 4th which wasn't the right gear but he got the idea that I was ready to race. Another ds into 3rd and we're off. I pulled immediately on him but not as fast as I'd like to. I kept pulling all the way through 4th so it was obvious he wouldn't be catching me and was the slower car. I only had about 2.5 - 3 cars on him though. Hard to tell at night. I think it was at least 3. His civic was pretty fast. So we get to a light and both make left turns. I put in 1st with an easy shift to 2nd like I was driving normal. He's riding my **** the whole time waiting to punch it around the corner. I floor it from 2nd, 3rd, 4th ahead of him the whole time gaining inches. I was about 2 cars ahead but not gaining much just steady inch gains. I slow down at top of 4th and he flys by me which I thought meant he realized it was over. I have the faster car. Then again he's a civic owner. He's ahead of me but waiting for me as I approach he guns it and so do I. He was already 2 cars ahead and I was creeping on his butt until we hit a turn. 3 times I was faster it was over. But no he persisted to nag me by revving, slowing down on me, flashing his brights at me. Geesh, give it a rest dude you were beat. Not only that we came upon some mild traffic which I will never race in. I don't believe in endangering others in my foolhardy explorations. So anyways be prepared for some lamer civics harrassing you cuz you drive a real sports car.
So what do you think? Are we fast enough ... or do we need more speed?
Old Apr 5, 2003, 12:21 AM

need more speed start throwinf after market intake and few other things bigger throttle body and what not and then well talk
Old Apr 5, 2003, 12:54 AM

You actually wasted your gas on a civic.

BTW, real sports car dont come with 4 door.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TrippinFlip214
You actually wasted your gas on a civic.

BTW, real sports car dont come with 4 door.
Why cant sports cars come with 4 doors??
Old Apr 5, 2003, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

eh trippinflip....you ARE trippin....how can a "real" sports car not have 4 doors? plz, give me some incentive here as to why i should believe this? hmmm
Old Apr 5, 2003, 02:06 AM
Evolved Member

that sounds like civic mentallity...
Old Apr 5, 2003, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pisetup

Why cant sports cars come with 4 doors??
he is actually right, sports cars really can't have 4 doors. traditionally sports cars have been small displacement front engine, rear wheel drive, 2 seat soft-tops. (think Miatas, MGs, Triumphs, etc)

this of course doesn't mean that 4 door cars can't be sporty. today, there are far more sporty 4 door sedans (E36 M3, WRX, Evo, MB AMG E55, S4 - just to name a few) then there are sports cars on the road.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 02:11 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: Well it was bound to happen....

Originally posted by evo1

So what do you think? Are we fast enough ... or do we need more speed?
My honest opinion is we do need more speed. On a track you don't have to worry but if you do any freeway or street runs the car loses guts up top. I think 91 octane is a big problem and an ECU upgrade would make a huge difference. Don't plan on too many freeway races cuz the car isn't a top end puller.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

I had the same exact scenario happen to me the other day... Although, it was a brand new Civic SI hatchback... He had header, exhaust, and was spraying NOS... I know that part cause he kept purging next to me to get me to run him...

So I did... 2 times and handed his *** to him on the first run... Launch, and he was gone, I couldn't even find him in my rearview... Then he finally showed up at the next light about 1 mile away. As I was pulling away from the stop nice and easy, he starts doing it all over again... So i'm in the middle of second going into 3rd.. I punch it in 3rd and we're off.. I pull away from him, not by much, but enough to claim victory.. By then end of the second round, I had him by 1 1/2 car-lengths.. Then he seemed to get mad at me for wasting him, and gave me the finger and turned down another street...
SPEED KILLS, DRIVE A HONDA AND LIVE FOREVER....
Old Apr 5, 2003, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: Re: Well it was bound to happen....

Originally posted by Evilution

My honest opinion is we do need more speed. On a track you don't have to worry but if you do any freeway or street runs the car loses guts up top. I think 91 octane is a big problem and an ECU upgrade would make a huge difference. Don't plan on too many freeway races cuz the car isn't a top end puller.
I agree with this. It's the highway runs that everyone will need to work on especially peeps here in Cali that can only pump 91 octane. But get this, once you get a good dp, straight pipe and exhaust and a filter on a stick, your topend will change. The car is still semi restrictive out from the factory and we all know that the motor is choking.

I had experience on this on my turbo 18G integra Greddy equipped. It was choking on the high end but once I upgraded to a 2.5" diameter dp, straight pipe and exhaust, felt so much better and it made such a huge difference. Before the change, I was trapping @97mph on the 1/4 mile and after the change plus 2 more psi on tap, i was trapping 105mph.

Anyway.. nice kill Evilution.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

I have an oz, and this wrx on the highway catches up to me and rides my ***. I was like no freakin way. I remember that I call all that don't try to race , pussies. So i decide to give him what he wants. We were both at 50mph, on a desert road in az. I downshift to 2nd. I take off, and you can here his turbo just whining. Anyway we are at 90mph, and he has not passed me yet.(YET) After 105, he was gone and by a good 3 or 4 car lengths. We pull into a parking lot, and he asks if its and evo.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

I said no. He said that my lancer had some *****, and that he was actually trying. do those wrx,s have medium highway torque and top gear?
Old Apr 5, 2003, 12:28 PM
OX
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
My WRX was slow as hell top end.