Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Has anyone had their Greddy Turbo Timer go bad?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone had their Greddy Turbo Timer go bad?

My TT has been installed for a while and working fine. Now occasionally I shut the car off and the TT counts down as normal however the car shuts off immediately when I turn the key. Another time things work perfectly. I have checked all the wiring through and through and can't find anything wrong. I'm using a harness. Any ideas?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the same problem with mine and had to do a line switch reset. If you still have the manual it is on page 27. If not go to Greddy.com, click on "tech" and you can download the manual from there. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

NIevo, thanks man, amazingly it worked. What's weird is that I never changed or played with any of the settings. I was a little skeptical at first but thus far all seems to be working well and normal.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to hear it worked for you. Im not sure how mine got switched either but it took awhile for me to figure out how to fix it. Everyone kept telling me that my e-brake connection was wrong or the unit had gone bad. Now I just need to figure out how to wire in the speed sensor wire
Old Apr 6, 2006, 03:31 AM
Evolving Member

Unhappy It started again

Would you believe that it started doing it again? It just seems to be intermittent with no definate cycle of when it happens? I don't have the e-brake hooked up but it has been working all this time. Any more ideas?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same problem. but since I took out my center cup holder deal, I can see the wires where it is connected. It will work normally now, and when I put a cup of coffee on the "wires" it will shut off immediatley. so it is a connector problem for me!!
Old Apr 17, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

It would appear that the issue is on the circuit board. Try as I may I can't find a harline crack or anything resembling one but when you apply a little pressure it works and when you release it stops. I've soldered all the wires that I can, thinking it maybe a loose wire but no avail. I have simply open the case and propped the circuit board until I can order a new TT. Thanks for the help guys.