Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How bad is it to put to the front plates on the screen in front

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How bad is it to put to the front plates on the screen in front

of the intercooler?? Im planning to temporary mount my plates on that screen. I can see there is a space between the screen and the intercooler so air can still travel through it. Will that space be enough airflow to not cause any harm? I wont be doing hardcore driving, mostly highways to get to my destination.

I dont want to put the front plates on but I have to travel where they might make a big fuss with cars that dont have front plates. I dont want to get hounded for this.

Did anybody else try to mount the license plate somewhere else temporarily. I dont have the mounting bracket installed and I have no holes on my bumper to put the bracket on the car.

any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 16, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lower left corner between windshield and dash? i have seen many show cars place the plate in that spot.
Old May 16, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CAD EVO
Lower left corner between windshield and dash? i have seen many show cars place the plate in that spot.
Dont do that. Thats just as good as having no front plate at all. You can still get a ticket for that. I ziptied my plate to the front mesh like you wanna do for a couple of months until I got my front plate bracket. If your not racing it will do no harm.
Old May 16, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I know in Illinois it is required to have a front license plate on the car, but many of us do not and rarely get hassled for it. Where are you from?
Old May 16, 2006, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Im located in NY, mostly driving in the City and Queens. But Im driving out to the hamptons for a couple of days and I know LI cops have nothing else better to do but to ticket little things like that.
Old May 16, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

All my friends keep telling me to lose my front plate bracket, but I'm not sure if i'll just get more of a hassle from th 5o
Old May 16, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Put sticky tape round the outisde edges of the plate (so it wont damage the crappy paint) and ziptie it to the mesh on the drivers side below the headlight.
Old May 16, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djscoto
I know in Illinois it is required to have a front license plate on the car, but many of us do not and rarely get hassled for it. Where are you from?
I usually get one in the des plaines area (that's where my GF lives)
Old May 16, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

I drive around with no front plate, just stick it under your passenger seat and if you get pulled over about it, say your front play just fell off and you have to put it back on. Most cops wont ticket you for it.
Old May 16, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in maryland and its a law for the front tags ( I don't have any) but I have yet been pulled over for it. A coulpe of my freinds have evo's and they don't have any front tags and between us all there has been one pulled over and just a warning
Old May 16, 2006, 02:23 PM

i'm sure that your intercooler won't be greatly affected. It seems that the air would eventually surround the plate and just blow back into it anyway... allowing it to perform as it should. If you get scared, just tap on the sprayer!
Old May 16, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in Maryland too and I've been pulled over once and ticketed. $55. Meh, I look at it as a "No Front Plate" Tax. No way I'll mar my bumper with a bracket and plate. They really look hideous on Evos...