Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The fast and furious 3 EVO in SCC Magazine

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
movie cars does not need to go fast ! lol ! just need to look good.
Old May 23, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Final Gear
movie cars does not need to go fast ! lol ! just need to look good.

BS. I bet "Elanor" from "Gone in 60 seconds" runs way faster than 15's in the quater. Chip Foose did'nt build that Mustang to just look good - it hauled a#$ also. I can name some more. How's about the 55 Chevy in "Two Lane Blacktop" or the Countach in "Cannonball Run". Not all movie cars are slower than their "stock" counterparts.
The Fast and Furious movies have always been BS and make me almost embaressed to own an import. These movies are not like the awesome car movies of yesteryear. Movies like "Cannonball Run", "Gumball Rally", "Two Lane Blacktop", "Heart Like a Wheel", and "Smokey and the Bandit" were all great car movies that showcased some really great automobiles and had a special place in the hearts of true gearheads like myself.
Old May 23, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Gone in 60 Seconds
Old May 23, 2006, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

jeezus... how you must be an old man to remember all those car movies. No one cares nemore man, its a movieee and you can't compare a evo from 3fast3 furious to ELEANOR. Eleanor is imho one of the most beautiful cars ever built. Riced out evos that are RWD just aren't on the same level. I don't think anyone's gonna remember an evo like the way eleanor is remembered.
Old May 23, 2006, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

I got news for ya, that evo isn't running 15's because it's rwd, it's running 15's because it was most likely beat to hell during the filming of the movie.

It's not like they sit around and wait for the oil to heat up, or let the turbo spoil down, or bother changing fluids ever i'd bet. Over a 4 month shoot of nothing but ***** to the wall driving and no real good care taken, it's probably lucky to be holding about 5psi boost.

If the evo were stock and rwd it might lose a couple tenths in the quarter, but i doubt even that much. 1.8 60 ft's are cut on stock rwd cars all the time, and that would be plenty to get a stock evo into the 13's. That's not counting the greater trap speed a rwd evo would have (assuming it was in good condition).
Old May 23, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

how retarded...

after all, all of the sounds from the eclipse in the first f&f movie came from some guys turbo crx...they recorded multiple sound clips and put it in with the eclipse...

how sad
Old May 23, 2006, 09:36 PM

obviously those sticker doesn't help their car gain all horsepower.......and those widebody totally too heavy for them to run~~ sad.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:46 PM

well next time you run into someone who thinks your evo runs 15's, just tell them to put up some cash and woop that a**.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

I don't see any subaru's in the movie thats a +1.... Although i would of liked to see that... A EVO and STI go at it in the movies.... I thought Vin Diesel was coming back in the movie and the movie was suppose to take place after Walker let him go.... Whats up with this new guy....???
Old May 23, 2006, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gb_junkie
not too surprising...that's a bit slower than the evo 7 in the second "movie." i think motortrend had an article on it and they did the 1/4 test on that, the skyline and the old school camero...they all ran mid-high 14's.
Which is still really sad. I have all of these magazine issues and the cars in the movie ALWAYS run significantly worse than they would stock from the factory. As was stated before, these guys abuse the hell out of these cars and don't put any effort into them.

**** the car could have a giant boost leak, messed up turbo, who knows, and they dont care, as long as they get the shot. Probably makes things easier when the car runs slower.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:09 PM

no no subaru's it will mkae them look even more ricer. seriosly though at the denver auto show there was an evo rs and nobody looked at it because it had no whale tail.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Actually, a lot of Slowbaru owners love the fact that our cars didn't make it into that movie. Look at the p!ssed off responses a lot of you guys are giving since the movie/producers/directors obviously didn't even give your car a semi-credible run for its money.

The people who are in the know already know what Evos run, modded or not. Sux that the average joe will read that thing and come up with the wrong conclusions.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PANGES
I'm pretty sure the Evo in the movie's engine is left stock. So a stock evo runs low-mid 13's right? But that's if you're launching the AWD... take that away and launch with a RWD with the same car and what do you get? 15's... Evo's are slow as hell stock if you dont launch it. I'm not bashing Evo's.. I have one myself, but after 1st and 2nd gear, it feels like a slug. If you make it RWD, i'm sure even 1st and 2nd are going to feel the same as 3-5th. I'm talking about a stock evo, so dont go off and flame me for this (even tho I know it's going to happen because i'm talking **** about an evo on an evo forum...) lol. *Flame suit on* I'm ready!
You must have a very weak Evo if you think 1st & 2nd are slow. Or perhaps you just haven't figured out how to drive it yet.
Old May 24, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hannibal Smith

BS. I bet "Elanor" from "Gone in 60 seconds" runs way faster than 15's in the quater. Chip Foose did'nt build that Mustang to just look good - it hauled a#$ also. I can name some more. How's about the 55 Chevy in "Two Lane Blacktop" or the Countach in "Cannonball Run". Not all movie cars are slower than their "stock" counterparts.
The Fast and Furious movies have always been BS and make me almost embaressed to own an import. These movies are not like the awesome car movies of yesteryear. Movies like "Cannonball Run", "Gumball Rally", "Two Lane Blacktop", "Heart Like a Wheel", and "Smokey and the Bandit" were all great car movies that showcased some really great automobiles and had a special place in the hearts of true gearheads like myself.

I am sure that the foose car was very fast, but the others are not good examples.
a 1982 lamborghini is listed at only 14.2 in the 1/4, an 86 is 13.7
the 70's pontiac trans-am(screaming chicken) were all 16-17sec 1/4 mile cars..thank the epa for that

any evo today would eat an 80's lambo and 17 sec's out of a t/a is embarassing.
most movie producers don't build movie cars to be fast, the camera takes care of that for them. granted, there are a few exceptions, but not many.
the scc tests on the 2f2f movie cars is an excellent example of what movie producers do to cars. I would be willing to bet if you obtained the movie car from smokey or cannonball run they would show the same test results as the scc tests on 2f2f cars.

Last edited by sandm; May 24, 2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old May 24, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Let's not forget who the expected audience is for this movie. If the viewers were interested in the cars' specs they would be watching something else. This movie is for kids, and kids who wish they had cars like that. It's not for anyone who knows their way around a car, to a certain extent.

I might go for a laugh. How can everyone get mad at them for riced out cars or terrible drivers? Thats all they need to make money. shame about the abuse though

Quick Reply: The fast and furious 3 EVO in SCC Magazine