Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does your car feel slow??

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well after i crashed my evo i thought about getting it fixed and trading it in for something else. Its been in the bodyshop for about 10 days and i cant wait a day longer!! A new exedy stage 2 clutch is also going in there while its being repaired. For the first time im gonna really feel how fast my evo is with this new clutch since i've done all my mods on a horribly worn out clutch. Cant wait.
Old May 26, 2006, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine feels soo slow now too. It feels like it isnt breathing above 5k rpm. I just hear the motor being very loud but i dont feel the pull anymore.
Old May 26, 2006, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

Ride a factory stock, pump gas sucking R1, ZX10 or GSXR sportbike all day and hop back in your evo and you will realize your Evo will never feel as blindingly fast on the street as a litre bike does (unless you have a big money, insane, 42R'd/2.3 Evo)....your evo is only maybee more nimble with good tires/alignment than a bike in the street environment. Best trick to stop the money spending madness with your Evo is just get into the bike game....you'll never regret it and your wallet will thank you. No matter how fast and nicely trimmed your AFR is on your daily street Evo, there will always exist some Tommy Bahama donning, Disco Danny w/a new ZO6 that traps 125mph on 91 octane and no tune going by you on the freeway thinking to himself....big winged jap car loses again.
Old May 27, 2006, 03:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by threepointsix
Ride a factory stock, pump gas sucking R1, ZX10 or GSXR sportbike all day and hop back in your evo and you will realize your Evo will never feel as blindingly fast on the street as a litre bike does (unless you have a big money, insane, 42R'd/2.3 Evo)....your evo is only maybee more nimble with good tires/alignment than a bike in the street environment. Best trick to stop the money spending madness with your Evo is just get into the bike game....you'll never regret it and your wallet will thank you. No matter how fast and nicely trimmed your AFR is on your daily street Evo, there will always exist some Tommy Bahama donning, Disco Danny w/a new ZO6 that traps 125mph on 91 octane and no tune going by you on the freeway thinking to himself....big winged jap car loses again.
Excellent post!

I personally don't understand why people shell out 35K for a great two liter rally car, then spend 5-10K or more to try to turn it into a quarter-mile machine. No replacement for displacement, and all that... I'm happy with the EVO for what it is - a truly great daily driver. I may mod it up a little with the Buschur package eventually, but really it's fine stock.
Old May 27, 2006, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by threepointsix
Yes well it's all perspective. Take a seat in a winged formula car with decent power, and your concept of speed will be warped forever. Even a sport bike will seem dirt slow.

The important thing is to enjoy your car for what it is, and not be overly concerned about having the fastest car around; because the reality is, there is always someone or something who is going to be faster.
Old May 27, 2006, 11:58 AM

I drive my friend's Saturn SL for a day and my car feels REALLY fast again.
Old May 27, 2006, 01:39 PM

go take an r1 out for a ride and your car will feel really slow - a raced a modded evo on my r6 a little while back and it was a joke but obviously it wasn t a fair race
Old May 27, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Doing a 135 mph wheelstand will warp your feeling of speed forever, but I still love my EVO.
Old May 28, 2006, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

even though my car is stock, sometimes i feel its not as fast as it was the last time i took a ride in it, and then it feels fast again the next day...trust me its your mood!
Old May 28, 2006, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dairyman
go take an r1 out for a ride and your car will feel really slow - a raced a modded evo on my r6 a little while back and it was a joke but obviously it wasn t a fair race
Very true I wouldn't like to be the guy on the bike if it was raining though!!

Anyway, as you get used to the ability of your car, it will seem slower for sure. But that's not always a bad thing. If your car feels slow, it probably means that you have a better hang of controlling it compared to when it scared the bejeezuz out of you.

I think all performance cars are like that, specially if you drive them hard. The good thing about evo's is that they're mod friendly and once it feels a little slow, doesn't cost all that much to make it feel faster again - at least initially.
Old May 28, 2006, 03:33 PM
Account Disabled

I thought the same thing. Car just didn't suck me into the seat like when I first bought. Did a bunch of mods and that feeling came back. Now I just shift at 2500 rpms all the time. Not only to save gas, but when I do punch it, gives me a sh*t eating grin again.