Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How to reach 350hp? need help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to reach 350hp? need help

Hello every one i currently drive a turbo celica gts, now i don't want to sound like a newbie but this is the story. i am trying to sale my car to get a Evo 9 or maybe evo 8 now i had about 230hp on my car so now i want something alittle more faster, i don't know to much about evos so i have been doing some reaserch. since i need to get a new loan i want to get all the parts that i need to get the evo to 350hp or around that. the reason i am asking its because i need fast responce i am also doing my research. so can any one tell me what do i need for the evo9, and evo8, and how much money would i need for all those parts, so i can add that to the loan. thanks

ps: i don't know if this is the right forum, so if its not a can a moderator please move it to the right forum. thanks
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
less than $1000 will put you in 350hp crank.

generic 3"tb $500-600
Air filter $75
MBC $75
Flash $ 300

That is more than 350hp. Also there are some packages already made like the Warrtalon/buschur.

Carlos
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Um, you're going to buy mods and somehow add that to your car loan? Or are you going to charge it on credit, then buy the car and get a personal loan with a huge interest rate and use part of that to pay off the credit card? I'm not sure how you plan to include mod costs into your auto loan, when lending agencies give you the loan based on the value of the car.

350HP = ~270-290whp

VIII = Turboback exhaust + flash
IX = Flash

All done.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:37 PM

well it was actualy a personal loan so i am going to add up the right amount i need + the mods.

and where could u get the flash done? the dealer right? i think i read that somewhere

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Um, you're going to buy mods and somehow add that to your car loan? Or are you going to charge it on credit, then buy the car and get a personal loan with a huge interest rate and use part of that to pay off the credit card? I'm not sure how you plan to include mod costs into your auto loan, when lending agencies give you the loan based on the value of the car.

350HP = ~270-290whp

VIII = Turboback exhaust + flash
IX = Flash

All done.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sincere2883
well it was actualy a personal loan so i am going to add up the right amount i need + the mods.

and where could u get the flash done? the dealer right? i think i read that somewhere
Yes, take the Evo to the dealer and ask them for the "350whp warranty voiding reflash". They will gladly take cash or credit.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

You can't be serious...a personal loan for a 30k car would have a ridiculous interest rate unless it's from a family member. And a flash at the dealer? Come on, man, I know you're in a hurry, but you have not even begun to read up on the Evo. This is common, basic knowledge that can be found in thousands of threads. You get flashed by a flash tuner - the dealership just flashes your ECU to stock to fix a P0300 code. Search around or actually look at and click on my signature if you want to learn a few things...
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Clayton,

Since he has a Toyota maybe he was thinking about the TRD aftermarket stuff.. who knows...

Carlos
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Clayton,

Since he has a Toyota maybe he was thinking about the TRD aftermarket stuff.. who knows...

Carlos
Mitsu has aftermarket RalliArt stuff. Doesn't mean you get "tuned" at the dealer.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:47 PM

other few question. for both evo8, evo9 mr
1) how much HP can the engine take?
2) how much HP can the stock turbo take?
3) would i need some other type of stand alone or piggy back? pfc, emanage, etc.? for higher hp?
4) tunning? would i need to tune it or will the flash do the trick and no need to tune? i personatly hate the e-manage i have that on the celica. and i have to tune it in every season.
5) any additional information that u guys mite be able to help with would mean alot.
thanks
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

1) Please search. I already asked you to once.
2) Same as above.
3) Same as above.
4) Tunning is not a word - why did you ask 4 when it's the same as 3?
5) Yes, please search and click on my sig for immediate info.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:54 PM

the loan i take care of thats not the problem , actualy i am not too much in a hurry like that its a big change from toyota to, mitsubishi(sp?) so i am still trying to learn a few things. about the flash maybe i read that from another newbie and got it wrong my mistake. but thanks alot for the help, and not making fun just because i am new. i will keep doing reserch.

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You can't be serious...a personal loan for a 30k car would have a ridiculous interest rate unless it's from a family member. And a flash at the dealer? Come on, man, I know you're in a hurry, but you have not even begun to read up on the Evo. This is common, basic knowledge that can be found in thousands of threads. You get flashed by a flash tuner - the dealership just flashes your ECU to stock to fix a P0300 code. Search around or actually look at and click on my signature if you want to learn a few things...
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:55 PM
Account Disabled

About 550-600whp depending on the dyno and state of tune.

Stock turbo gives, not takes, but 400whp depending on the dyno is attainable.

3) would i need some other type of stand alone or piggy back? pfc, emanage, etc.? for higher hp?
Flash should do for now. Other options are available as your mods progress.

4) tunning? would i need to tune it or will the flash do the trick and no need to tune? i personatly hate the e-manage i have that on the celica. and i have to tune it in every season.
Flash should take care of you for a while and compensate for changing weather.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Sincere2823,

You are drifting a lot from your original subject. You are complicating your options by thinking about too much of tunning(E-manage,SuperAFC and all that).

If you want 350hp you don't have to worry much about tuning, some minor bolt ons will get you there. The easiest option is to just do a mail in flash.

The way I look at it you don't have the finacial means to put much in your car anyway, go with something simple.

The Warrtalon/Buschur is a well put together package, practical, affordable,reliable and off course performance proven.

Carlos
Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Sincere2823,

You are drifting a lot from your original subject. You are complicating your options by thinking about too much of tunning(E-manage,SuperAFC and all that).

If you want 350hp you don't have to worry much about tuning, some minor bolt ons will get you there. The easiest option is to just do a mail in flash.

The way I look at it you don't have the finacial means to put much in your car anyway, go with something simple.

The Warrtalon/Buschur is a well put together package, practical, affordable,reliable and off course performance proven.

Carlos
the only reason i mention that was because thats what i am running but now i see with the evo i don't need that so on that i get it and its more simple and money is not to much of a problem if i don't get for mods on the loan i can get it my self so thats cool. and the kit seems to be just what i need.

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
About 550-600whp depending on the dyno and state of tune.

Stock turbo gives, not takes, but 400whp depending on the dyno is attainable.

Flash should do for now. Other options are available as your mods progress.

Flash should take care of you for a while and compensate for changing weather.
thanks alot that was a big help. u saved me alot of searching now i can focus on other things i mite need to find out about.

Ricardo.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:17 PM

are you talking about 350whp? or just 350hp, if you want 350whp, it'll cost you lot more.

Quick Reply: How to reach 350hp? need help