Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Warrtalon Racing Video

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Alex, yes, there were parts of that vid where he sped up the footage - you can clearly see it, but it's not at the beginning, it's in the middle somewhere.
Oh that's cool, just making sure I wasn't imagining things, hah
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dave's explanations are about right, but there is passing all the way down at HPDE1 - it's just only on designated straightaways with a point-by and only one pass at a time. The passing zones depend on the track, the chief instructor, the # of cars, etc. HPDE2 is supposed to have an instructor for each person until the instructor signs the person off for solo driving, but in our region, we don't have enough instructors yet to cover all the drivers in 1 & 2. Passing in group 2 is just like group 1 - only on designated straights and only with a point-by.

Group 3 is where our passing zones get extended to other parts of the track, but each pass still requires a point-by. No instructors here unless it's an evaluation run for group 4. Group 4 is open passing everywhere with no point-by needed.

In this vid, I'm in group 3 with 3 Vettes and that Charger. The Charger got mixed and tried to point me by on the left, but we were instructed to only pass on the right, so I had to slow down and wait for him to figure it out. As you can see, he eventually pulls back over to the left and points me by. Later, when I'm about to eat up that silver Vette, he also messed up and made me slow down. I came around the corner tight and ready to blast past him down the straight, but he never signaled me, so I had to slow down and wait. I could have gone ahead and passed the Charger on the left then the Vette on the right without waiting, but I didn't want to get in trouble.