Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Trying to decide on which model for a new EVO IX...MR worth it or not??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2006, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would get the mr just because of the power features and 6 speed
Old Aug 9, 2006, 01:16 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
This may be another noob question but have any of you with the RS ever had to pump your brakes in a stopping situation???

Do you guys just threshold brake??? Or if it starts to skid then you pump it??? Hahhah the only other car I have driven without ABS is a Kia rental......and needless to say I crashed that POS in the rain due to crappy tires + no ABS +downhill in the rain = super skid

This is where all my fears stem from.....I shoulda never took that Kia rental FAWK!!!

But I am assuming since the evo stock brakes and pads are so good that nothing short of a slam would cause a slide or skid???? As long as I ease the pedal on I shouldnt slide correct?
You should get ABS.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by WRC-GO
What an incredibly ignorant statement. The Viper has close to a 50/50 weight distribution, with 52 per cent, actually, on the rear wheels.

Mebbe your uncle can't drive. Anyway, the C6 Z is a great car, taking nothing away from that, but so's the Viper, "in the right hands," LOL.
hu my bad i guess it was an ignorant statement...... almost hard to belive it has almost perfect weight distribution anyways the car still goes sideway when you try to launch lol so thats not cool , thats actually why i thaught it was nose heavy. thats the way light tail cars act.... oh well my mistake!

EVERYONE I JUST GOT SCHOOLD BY WRC-G0 LET THAT GO ON RECORD PLEASE!!!

lol i guess its something with suspension......? but if i remember correctly even caroll shelby had trouble pushing the viper hard.... his quote was "even i wouldnt hit full throttle on this thing in the street because of how unpridictable it is. you just never know where its gona go or what its going to do." lol if it was designed so well then why is it so hard to control... to even a very awsome driver? unless you dont think caroll shelby was to grate of driver... i meen considering all his wins and experiance you know....?

anyways when i said not so hot of a design i also ment and referd to stuff as simple as getting in and out of the car....... and since my uncle is tall as well as me... its pretty damn hard. maybe because of the pipes runing down the side in the skirts since its an SRT-10.... maybe the SRT-10 coupe is easier? or do they not run the exhaust to the rear on those anymore like on the old GTS's? i dont know whatever i havent seen a new coupe yet

but yes my coment was ignorant almost as much as those saying ABS is a nesescety

Last edited by WW IX RS; Aug 9, 2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by FJF
Let's see...you weren't there, where you? How's that for starters?

The point is, you don't know.

That's true. I'm not sure why you brought it up, as my comment said nothing about your competence. It was a response to your apparent stab at those who can actually modulate their brakes, which is a curious notion coming from someone who sees himself as an accomplished driver.

I don't recall anyone asserting the opposite. Let me know when we begin discussing 99% of the people and I'll bow out of the discussion.

We're talking about folks who see themselves as high-performance drivers and who also happen to drive one of the best performing automobiles ever available to the consumer. As a car does one of three things - it accelerated, decelerates and turns - not having a mastery of something as vital as the brakes certainly doesn't say much about one's skill level.
good stuff bro! FJF can defenatly word stuff better than me , not to mention spell better.....
Old Aug 9, 2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by TEC
Not very good for starters. If you can't take readily available information and form a conclusion then that's your issue. Maybe you could benefit from researching how brakes work in relationship to ABS.

The point is that I don't have to be hit over the head with it to figure it out. The concept is called deductive reasoning. If you have any mechanical skills and understand braking systems then given the readily available information the conclusion is quite blaring.

[Edit: reading material http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...akekits.shtml]

There's nothing curious about it. If a person that races F1 for a living can lock up his brakes in a panic situation on the track, in controlled conditions, with a better non ABS braking system than any road or track car without ABS, why would I feel that I am capable of doing better in a car that cost about the same amount as the F1 guys braking system? Since I'm sure you have won a few international track events and have never been involved in any accident or ever locked up the brakes, because you can "modulate" the brakes, you may have no need for it. For the rest of us ABS out performs anything most drivers can pull off.

There is a reason that ABS systems are outlawed in certain racing venues and considered "traction control".

Yeah, I know all about these "high performance driver" guys. They are usually the first one in the ditch or a tree somewhere. Arrogance is one of the main reasons you see so many EVO's being totalled. People over estimate their skill level.

I'm done. Proceed on Mr. Raikkonen or Shumacher, or whatever.
yeah true... but our cars arent anywhere near as fast as an F-1... nor do they have the same stoping power....

ive only locked up my brakes 2 times before... once when it was my second time driving , and then again when i was driving a car that i thaught had ABS and wanted to see how it worked and aperantley it didnt have ABS.... lol

it did however have some nice wheels that said it had ABS

another thing ive never wrecked a car and ive had many! never gone off the track because i take my sweet time learning and dont "over estimate my driving skill" if anything i under estimate ..... wich is why ive never had any problems what so ever with wrecking a car.... ive never even goten a ticket for that mater...

and its Mr. Shumacher to you A-hole........ lol jk. good job though!