Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

You know you loosing your mind when the EVO starts to feel softly sprung!

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2003, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know you loosing your mind when the EVO starts to feel softly sprung!

getting out of my WRX - the EVO felt hard as a rock when I first bought it two months ago

Now that I am making more HP - and getting used to the car - NOW its staring to feel . . . . SOFT

I'm acutally starting to think of putting in lowering springs or coil overs

When I first got it I was thinking man - this is perfect - who would ever change this suspension - - now after I am starting to master the car and get used to it I am feeling a better suspension would be nice

Anyone else thinking this way yet ?
Old May 9, 2003, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, I swear I was thinking the same thing about a week ago... Maybe they are just more "broke in"?? I was thinking this until I went over a rough roadway one day, then it all came back to me.. It seems that all the roads that I'm used to driving on, I have found the smooth lines to follow... hahaha.... I have noticed that my gears are waayy much smoother now though...
Old May 9, 2003, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Re: You know you loosing your mind when the EVO starts to feel softly sprung!

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
getting out of my WRX - the EVO felt hard as a rock when I first bought it two months ago

Now that I am making more HP - and getting used to the car - NOW its staring to feel . . . . SOFT

I'm acutally starting to think of putting in lowering springs or coil overs

When I first got it I was thinking man - this is perfect - who would ever change this suspension - - now after I am starting to master the car and get used to it I am feeling a better suspension would be nice

Anyone else thinking this way yet ?
This too will pass..... No, seriously, if you drive over perfectly flat and smooth asphalt roads, the car feels like it could easily use stiffer springs, and lower stance.... Reality will come back and bite hard when you drive in the city streets such as the ones in Atlanta.... I promise you, you'll be wishing for a higher car with softer springs
Old May 9, 2003, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah - maybe the springs are starting to get softer and the shocks are wearing

I am going to make it harder - just havn't figured out how yet
Old May 9, 2003, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

just cut your springs!

lol
Old May 9, 2003, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by trigeek37
just cut your springs!

lol
i was looking at the ralli art lowering springs
Old May 10, 2003, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

i just ordered a set of the Ralliart springs...

can't wait to get those *****es on...!
Old May 10, 2003, 01:48 AM

I am thinking the same thing then I thought about the Warranty. Also, if I am ever going to lower my ride, I want the real deal, full coilovers and shock combo.
Old May 10, 2003, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by Diesel
i just ordered a set of the Ralliart springs...

can't wait to get those *****es on...!
What the spring rates of those ralliart springs and how much do they lower? are they progressive?

any idea of what the fartory rates are?
Old May 10, 2003, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Black_Evo_VIII
I am thinking the same thing then I thought about the Warranty. Also, if I am ever going to lower my ride, I want the real deal, full coilovers and shock combo.
For road use - coil overs are not necessarily the best way to go - - some of them have very limited wheel travel and are really best suited for track use and very smooth roads - - - after much experimentation on my WRX I found that the c-spec STI springs and struts offered the best all around compromise for a daily driver

The EVO struts are very good - I am thinking that all we would need to reap substntial gains is a set of springs that lowers the car about 1" and makes it a tad firmer

H & R has released a spring set - but sometimes their stuff is VERY firm
Old May 10, 2003, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

after 1 year of driving this beast , I finnally got to my sences and ordered a full APEXIC suspension with adjestable dampers and hight adjestment. And am looking for new rubber too.... the old rubber is totally gone.. and I mean totally...

The EVO stock suspension is hard but not hard enought and don't you think that the EVO is a bit to high for a sport car ?
Old May 10, 2003, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Dubai_EvoVII
after 1 year of driving this beast , I finnally got to my sences and ordered a full APEXIC suspension with adjestable dampers and hight adjestment. And am looking for new rubber too.... the old rubber is totally gone.. and I mean totally...

The EVO stock suspension is hard but not hard enought and don't you think that the EVO is a bit to high for a sport car ?
I personally don't think I want the car any lower or much firmer. My old butt can't take a race car suspension over the everyday crappy roads that I use.
All kidding aside, I think lowering the car could make it hit more stuff than it does already. I've been the way of the slammed cars before and the price of momentary inattention can be rather high Also, I don't know what would happen with various types of set ups out there, but when I lowered my Integra GSR, I used Ground Control coil-overs with eibach lowering springs and 4 way adjustable KYB struts. The ride really suffered... I did get used to it eventually, and it did seem to corner better but in retrospect, I did have regrets about the unintended results of the change. Also, the Greddy Sport cat back I installed was pretty loud. And that's supposed to be the quietest aftermarket muffler out there... Anyway, I'm a bit reluctant to start changing suspension bits around in my EVO, however, I'd love the chance to ride in a modified one so i can feel the difference for myself. Who knows, I might get all pumped up about it and change the whole enchilada in my car
Old May 10, 2003, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Dubai_EvoVII

perhaps for a sports car made for none other than paved roads, but not too high for a a sports car with offroad capabilities
Old May 10, 2003, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Vanilla Sky

perhaps for a sports car made for none other than paved roads, but not too high for a a sports car with offroad capabilities
Even for city streets it's really low enough. If I was only going to drive on smooth tarmac, I'd slam it for sure, but practically it just not a good idea
Old May 10, 2003, 06:20 PM

I wanna know how Claudius feels about this. I hate people who lower their cars and put 20's on them. It just isn't coo.

Quick Reply: You know you loosing your mind when the EVO starts to feel softly sprung!