Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

some 16 yearsold dude rear ended me!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some 16 yearsold dude rear ended me!!

some young guy rear ended me last night with his truck while i was turning into my house..it was probably 30-40 mph..he tried to run away but i caught him up at the gastation..I asked him " wtf" do you want me to call the cops..he said no..so i asked him how would he want to solve this''he said dont call the cops and gave me his insurance infos..I forced him to call his insur. comp. right away to make a claim and he did..he called up and made a claim that he rear ended me and told the insur. representative what happened and they wrote it in the claim report..
the car is not messed up real bad..back bumper got cracked and the trunk is bent real bad..also the front bumper is cracked..well when he hit me i was turning and ran over the curb it was very close to the curb so it hit the curd real hard.. my car is now shaking real bad at 70-100mph..i dont know if there are damages on the rear suspension....i also just found out that my tcase cover got cracked oil's leaking everywhere..man this sucks..

his insur. told me that what shop ddid i have in mind..and arranged a time to check out the car..I really want know know what do i have to do to before for them to check it out..? are they going to make it very hard? i know the trunk can't be fixxed..nor the bumper..there's a very big dent on the bumper..and the front is cracked..i want to know if i can take it to mits. dealer for them to estimate..what about my control arms? and suspension..i got after market coilver though..

the funny part was that i just told his insurance comp that the rear bumper got messed up and didn't know anything about the tc-case cover and shaking..

Last edited by Evo_Wanted; Oct 9, 2006 at 02:21 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 01:42 AM

What a little ****er!!! He tried to run? What the hell was he thinking man!!!
Old Oct 9, 2006, 01:45 AM

yeap that kid tried to run...but i pulled up real quick..he was affraid that i would call the cops so the he pulled inthe gastation and he admitted to his insur. comp. that he rear ended me..

Last edited by Evo_Wanted; Oct 9, 2006 at 01:48 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:05 AM
Evolved Member

Damn kids... Sounds like he did some damage to your tcase if you have oil and vibrations Hopefully nothing to major.. I would driving as least as possible until you find out whats up
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:12 AM

I still would of got him charged with LSPDA, leaving the scene of a property damage accident, and fail to use due care and caution plus you would of had an accident report where there is no question to who was at fault.. can't trust people he could of gave you bogus insurance, never know.. but obviously and luckly he didn't
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i smell a jdm ix rear coming i'd start doing some research on what you want to get done on the car, and start looking for parts. i'd get a qoute from a really expensive shop, then one more from a decent shop, when they cut you a check you will get a little more out of it
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:17 AM
Evolved Member

hope u dont have any structure damage... bl man
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:17 AM

well.. it's his insurance and I called up and it was AIG...he made a claim already and the reprentative told me to take the car to their agency for the checking..and i want to know if i can choose my own shop??how can i solve this problem? how did the tc cover get cracked? i dont get it..he hit me and the car slid into the curb but how did it crack? and why the it shakes at 70-up mph? funny...it was just 30-40 mph hit and not that bad..
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:59 AM
Evolving Member

I would have called the cops on that little bastard for trying to run! You can pretty much choose any shop you want, but the insurance company will try and make their own recommendations. I'm not sure how the T-case cover would have cracked.......did you go up over the curb? I'm sure the reason it shakes so bad now is because when you hit the curb.....it either knocked the weights off of your wheels, or knocked it out of alignment. Anyway, just make sure you take it to a shop that will look it over really well.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

take it to a really good shop. im not sure but will mitsubishi repair it? (never had to deal with the dealers). and yea that sucks ***. if that were me i would have caught him in like a 1/2 mile after he hit me... i'd be pissed as fu*k too. sry about it though. good luck and keep us updated

- shane
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:18 AM
Evolved Member

sucks i just got hit by this 17 yr old girl this weekend too she turned into me while i was passing her, still tryin to figure out what im going to do about that, but luckily i wasnt in my evo. anyways i say take it to a good body shop or you can contact the dealer and ask them where they suggest. dealerships often work closely with body shops.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i would have beat his ***.... typically dealer overcharge for parts and labor. so you might wann a have them look it over... plus they know the car better then most. most insurance companies will send you the checks. so after its inspected by the insurance take it where every you want... and if you know a shop then you can have them call the insurance and say other things are broke.... I know when my engine through a rod the dealer quoted 12k and I would have had a full bushur stroker but the inspector told the dealer to start tearing down my car when he left and they had it completely apart before i could stop them...... I chewed out everyone and there brother for it but it didnt help any.....
Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

You should always Call the Cops, Although you get an Accident report on your carfax you get the money alot easier to fix the. Too bad man.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:29 AM

you shoulda have call the cops.
make sure you file diminished value of the car from him too.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:37 AM

definitely should calls the cops, but it seems that the insurance will pay...good luck with everything, sorry to hear about the accident....

Quick Reply: some 16 yearsold dude rear ended me!!