Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

undercarriage cover for evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
undercarriage cover for evo IX

I was wondering if anyone makes any covers for the underside of an evo? I am thinking of getting into rallying and want to protect the underside of my car. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ralliart.

I can't remember where I saw them though.

It might be cheaper just to order a sheet of .090" 3003 alum. and have a fabricator make you some gaurds though.

You might also want to get rid of your A/V mods and order some suspension mods before you go rallying.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Ralliart.

I can't remember where I saw them though.

It might be cheaper just to order a sheet of .090" 3003 alum. and have a fabricator make you some gaurds though.

You might also want to get rid of your A/V mods and order some suspension mods before you go rallying.
Agreed on the AV mods and suspension mods.

If you can remember where you saw them that would be awesome. The ralliart website doesnt have much information on it.

What suspension would you recommend?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Here it is:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...dle=2&small=30

Suspension stuff, I guess it depends on how serious you are. DMS and Ohlins both make very good stuff but, are not cheap. I think the most important thing is going to be bracing the chassis to take that kind of punishment.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 02:57 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I would love for someone to fabricate some lightweight aluminum undertray for the Evo, more for Aero purposes, than for protection. Kinda like the Lotus Elise.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Here it is:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...dle=2&small=30

Suspension stuff, I guess it depends on how serious you are. DMS and Ohlins both make very good stuff but, are not cheap. I think the most important thing is going to be bracing the chassis to take that kind of punishment.
yeah i def want to get the car built somewhat quickly. My prioities are:

undercarriage
suspension
wheels/tires
lights
bracing
rollcage

then i guess ill look back and see what I need to change.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 03:03 PM

Don't buy the Ralliart piece, it's $1K and sump guards aren't that hard to fabricate. Use 3/16"or 1/4" 6061 T6 aluminum, and make sure you make the mounting holes oversized in the skid plate and use washers on the bolts to attach it. That way if you bend the plate, you can still get it off/on.

If you're talking stage rally, a bash plate is about 1% of the prep work you need to do for that, and http://www.specialstage.com/ is a much better resource than here.

Last edited by nubby; Nov 20, 2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nubby
Don't buy the Ralliart piece, it's $1K and sump guards aren't that hard to fabricate. Use 3/16"or 1/4" 6061 T6 aluminum, and make sure you make the mounting holes oversized in the skid plate and use washers on the bolts to attach it. That way if you bend the plate, you can still get it off/on.

If you're talking stage rally, a bash plate is about 1% of the prep work you need to do for that, and http://www.specialstage.com/ is a much better resource than here.
well ive been doing road rallies now and the last road rally was one through the forrest. The evo got a little beat up (lost the font spoiler lip and havent even dared to look at the undercarriage), but I wanted to move up slowly and eventually do something like www.rallyamerica.com or WRC type of stuff. Im new to the rally sport and trying to get as much info as I can.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I didn't look at the prices when I found that stuff. That sump guard is ridiculously priced. Everything but it seems almost reasonable price wise though for people who don't have any fab skills or equipment.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

do you have any contacts or anyone that is willing to fabricate/install one? I dont exactely have a need for a brush plate on the bottom of the audi so ive never been in this market before. Thanks for all the help.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:32 AM

any evo VIII or EVO IX owners near Portland Oregon? PM me if you are considering a skid plate ... I might have an option ....
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought a vendor here, possibly Works, had a nice partial guard for the engine. Maybe just over the oilpan, but I'm not sure. Might be worth searching for.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i have a Beatrush underpanel. I think its good enough.
i do not think you need more protection then that.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Go to www.Tatomotorsports.com
Old Mar 19, 2007, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...light=beatrush

for the Beatrush underpanel.

Quick Reply: undercarriage cover for evo IX