Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EvoRev @ El Mirage (video)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoRev @ El Mirage (video)

So a friend and I went up to El Mirage, CA on saturday. While I am friends with Crasher I had to go up the day before so we couldn't go together that time. Anyway my friend has a slightly modded SRT-4 and I took my Evo. The experience we had up there is like none other. If you have an Evo and you've never taken it for a spin like this then you need to rethink why you purchased it in the first place. This car is wasted on the road alone.

Well I learned a lot from the time out there. I have learned how to control a car in spins, how to drift, what 152mph feels like across a mostly stable surface. I would have to say, although it was ridiculously fun the best part of this was the knowledge and driving skills I was able to safely acquire.

The cleanup was a ***** for me. I was drifting left and right. 80mph drifted circles and such. Never hurt my car (as far as rev'n and such goes). Just had to clean that clay **** off which was horrible. I need a power washer for my under carriage.

Anyway, This is a small example of the events that went on there. Normally I was half a mile to 2 miles away from the nearest person, but in this shot I'm coming in for a landing after just completing my first 152mph run. Amazing. Enjoy.

Drift Landing Video

By the way, anyone have any recommendations for mud flaps. I'm planning on taking my car on the "non rocky" dirt more (that is why I purchased it). Does anyone here have flaps?

(I'll be posting some cool pics once I get around to shrinking the res down)
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:00 PM

wow, lookz fun!!!
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:05 PM

It was insanely fun. I do recommend it to all. At least once.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

my friends were there this weekend...theyve been trying to get me to take my car there. I just keep thinking about the cost of error lol
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:10 PM

There was hardly anyone there when i went. My friend and I went to the far side to stay away from small amount of people there. The place it MILES long. Just watch your RMPS. I went 152mph in (even turned slightly) as well as did 80-90mph turns. Set that bad boy on gravel and enjoy yourself. Its what the car is made for.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I recently purchased the Rally Armor mudflaps. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of the kit. There are some other, really nice looking ones available from England though, but super expensive(carbon fiber and such). And we mustn't forget the genuine Ralliart pieces.

Last edited by sparky; Nov 20, 2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:13 PM

Thanks, Sparky. RallitArt isn't a bad Idea. I'll check those out. Installation was easy?

Search, FTW!: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=107028

Last edited by EvoRêveur; Nov 20, 2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.rallyarmor.com/ for mudflaps
Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
that does look like a fun time, but talk about messy...i don't know if i could handle all that dust
Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:42 AM

looks like fun. Can you camp out there?
Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, nice parking job.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:38 AM

Skiracer,

Thanks for the link. I've been looking into those. Sparky says they're great quality and for that price you can't go wrong. I'm probably going to order as soon as I can decide which will look best with Apex Silver. Those big red brembos make the black and red look good but I'm thinking I'd like a silver. can't tell if they have Apex silver or while though.

Shell,

Absolutely, you can camp out there. The dry lake bed is part of an Off Highway Vehicle recreational area. There are mountain/hills to climb for both beginners and experts, the dry lake bed for have a blast, camping areas, and more. Here is the website that I used to get there and to learn about it. Check it out.

Alpha,

Thanks. That trip was my first time drifting outside a video game. The feeling of drifting is like none other. I only recommend trying it in places like this because there is HUGE tolerance for error. I'll be going back again - just not looking forward to another cleanup.

Last edited by EvoRêveur; Nov 21, 2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:10 AM

Everyone,

For those that care about mud flaps I found a great deal. The seller seems legit and all. I've posted it here in case you haven't already seen it. Check it out!
Old Nov 21, 2006, 01:37 PM

looks fun
Old Nov 21, 2006, 01:48 PM

i ride my dirtbike out there all the time, isnt the lake bed usually closed? or only when it rains... i am definatly taking my evo out there next time i go

Quick Reply: EvoRev @ El Mirage (video)