Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bought Rallyarmor flaps, no hardware. Help!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought Rallyarmor flaps, no hardware. Help!

Bought some lightly used Rallyarmor mud flaps just recently, should be in tomorrow. But Id like to run down to my local hardware shop as becuase it isnt coming with any hardware (screws, etc). I was wondering does anyone know of what screws, bolts, or such I would need to mount these amazing flaps to my vehicle?

Anyone know the screw length and sized?

Last edited by OneillEvo; Dec 20, 2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

this should help a little
http://rallyarmor.com/mudflaps/evo_i...ons/index.html
Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

I found that too, but un fortunatley they dont explain the lenth and size of the srews and washers becuase it comes in their package : /

Does anyone know off hand the size length of the screws and clips?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just call them and ask... i doubt they would say " sorry jerk off you didnt buy it from us, paypal me 10$ and ill tell you" lol
Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:44 PM

i thought they used hardware that was all ready on your car. but i could be wrong. maybe the back ones used some bolt/screws.

sean
Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

The factory bolts (plastic pushpins) wont hold up to the weight. Rear flaps will require a 4 long screws.

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
just call them and ask... i doubt they would say " sorry jerk off you didnt buy it from us, paypal me 10$ and ill tell you" lol
I want too but dont know their number, I checked on their site but managed to only email them.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

i want those! how much you pick em up for? g/l on the screws
Old Dec 20, 2006, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Suppose to be 20 dollars, but minus the paypal fee and EVO150's understanding it came out to $18!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

I have a new set of Rallyarmor mud flaps with hardware. $50 plus shipping, pm me if interested.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

lol, there you go. Let stay on topic tho.

Anyone know what screw sizes and washers I should use? Or know the number to RallyArmor?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Well you're in luck...sort of. My set arrived today, so I can help you out, but it's going to be a little tricky to replace the specialty items, like the clips and slant-cut spacers.

Here's a shot of the hardware that came with mine:

Rally Armor hardware pic

That's four 2-inch self-tapping screws
Six 1-inch self-tapping screws
Ten 5/8 inch washers (outer diameter)
Seven plastic clips
Two slant-cut tubular spacers - Slightly smaller outer diameter than a nickel.

You probably just want to get with Rally Armor and see if you can purchase the hardware separately.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Killboy
Well you're in luck...sort of. My set arrived today, so I can help you out, but it's going to be a little tricky to replace the specialty items, like the clips and slant-cut spacers.
Thanks, that helped alot actually. the clips believe it or not I can get for free. used to work at a body shop and i like to go by there now and then and pick up some freebies! obviously something like the slant cut spacers will be much harder.

know the dimensions for those slant cut spacers?

Last edited by OneillEvo; Dec 20, 2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:11 PM

I just ended up uninstalling my rear Rally Armor flaps last weekend. Turns out, they are not the best option if you reverse into parking spaces frequently (which I do about 80% of the time). They are *very* stiff--more so than the trim that they attach to, apparently!

I backed up to a high curb and misjudged and went to the rear wheels, thus putting pressure on the flaps from both sides. When I pulled away, one flap had popped completely off, taking the plastic trim piece it is attached to with it and the other popped one screw through the mounting slot. Luckily, it was quite easy to reinstall the trim and the original mounting hardware (which I had saved!), but I'm short one little mounting clip that disappeared during the incident.

Also, I've come close to dismounting the front one once pulling up beside a curb before I realized how far out they stick to the side. The moral of the story being, be *really* cautious about parking after you put them on! They seem to work well and are pleasing to the eye, but they're super-stiff and can stress your trim panels if you're not careful!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

mmmkay...the outer diameter is 3/4", and the inner diameter is 7/16". The "tall" side is 1", and the "short" side is 1/4". The angle of the slant-cut is almost, if not exactly 45 degrees...when I put them together angle-to-angle, they form a near-perfect 90-degree corner.

The plastic is very hard, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary for them to be that way. You may be able to use a piece of thick, 3/4" rubber hose in their place.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Good points heavy. I don't like to back up that close to curbs or sidewalks, because I'm always thinking about crunching the exhaust. I'm also running 18x9.5" Rota P45R's that really push the limits of the stock fenders, so I'm HOPING the flaps will stick out far enough to stop the crap getting slung up on the side of the car. I don't think side-curbing will be an issue, but is certainly would for those with stock wheels.

Quick Reply: Bought Rallyarmor flaps, no hardware. Help!