E-BAY parts that work well (evo only) - Page 3 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

E-BAY parts that work well (evo only)

Old Dec 22, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Personally I'd never install ebay no-name parts on my car.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 09:28 AM
Account Disabled

Is that cuz youre Bonestock!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by TogueMonster View Post
Is that cuz youre Bonestock!
You are a thief. I am amazed that you still are a member here.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

so does fmic from ebay work well?.... please link me to it. thx!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Just got a FMIC from Ebay. The finish is excellent, no bent fins, welds look fantastic.

The only downside was I needed to get the brackets welded on.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

by the way..my licp works and fit perfect
Old Dec 22, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Came some of you guys that have the Ebay intercoolers post a link to which one you guys have..
Old Dec 22, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

ebay is a great tool if you know what you are doing
ebay intercoollers are great. i use one for my 500whp integra and it works great. i know lots of 600whp+ honda that all use $150 ebay intercoolers and they are work great. i will soon get a $120 ams copy ebay intercooler and i'm sure it will work fine.

also pleple need to learn a 3" pipie is a 3" pipe. ebay exhaust and intercooler piping also work great. its outragious that companies charge 700+ for a 3" cat back when for the evo the exhaust is so straight with only a few minor bends in the back of the car. i also dont understain who in the right mind would pay $200.00 for a name brand licp which is basically almost just a regular u bend. anybody that can change their oil can make the licp for like $40.00.

ebay o2 housing also work great

never but ebay no name tubular turbo manifold and turbos. they suck and always crack and break

on name brand stuff. most companies cannot match ebays pricing on name brand items. where else can u get rc1000cc injectors for $310?? , hawk front and rear pads for $140.
there are allways deal on ebay is you just look and wait.

name brand companies hate ebay becasue they cannot compeat with their prices because the ppl that sell on ebay dont pay utillities and dont pay employes. and the ppl on ebay that sell name brand stuff are ppl that have some kind of special conection thats why they are able to sell at such low prices and still make money.

buying from ebay also hurt the locl neborhood because the money does not stay in the area.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
ebay is a great tool if you know what you are doing
ebay intercoollers are great. i use one for my 500whp integra and it works great. i know lots of 600whp+ honda that all use $150 ebay intercoolers and they are work great. i will soon get a $120 ams copy ebay intercooler and i'm sure it will work fine.

also pleple need to learn a 3" pipie is a 3" pipe. ebay exhaust and intercooler piping also work great. its outragious that companies charge 700+ for a 3" cat back when for the evo the exhaust is so straight with only a few minor bends in the back of the car. i also dont understain who in the right mind would pay $200.00 for a name brand licp which is basically almost just a regular u bend. anybody that can change their oil can make the licp for like $40.00.

ebay o2 housing also work great

never but ebay no name tubular turbo manifold and turbos. they suck and always crack and break

on name brand stuff. most companies cannot match ebays pricing on name brand items. where else can u get rc1000cc injectors for $310?? , hawk front and rear pads for $140.
there are allways deal on ebay is you just look and wait.

name brand companies hate ebay becasue they cannot compeat with their prices because the ppl that sell on ebay dont pay utillities and dont pay employes. and the ppl on ebay that sell name brand stuff are ppl that have some kind of special conection thats why they are able to sell at such low prices and still make money.

buying from ebay also hurt the locl neborhood because the money does not stay in the area.
Very well put, That pretty much sums it up.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

has any one ever taken the liberty of flow testing one of the EBay FMIC VS STOCK VS ????.... or back to back dyno's
Old Dec 23, 2006, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

just look at the results. in the honda world there are countless about of ppl useing large ebay $150.00 intercoolers with sucess. i'm talking about 600whp+ sub 10 secound civics

i dont understand why the evo community have not broken out of the idea that they must buy over priced $700 intercoolers, $700 tbe, 300+ ic piping.

i know there have already been lots of evos that have had sucess with running the $120.00 ams copy intercooler. i also okan to get this intercooler for my evo as soon as i upgrade to a gt3076r.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

No but if someone has a stock intercooler they want to send to me I can have it flow tested, My friend has a flow bench he built in his basement.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

search evolution intake, and you will find the old buschur filters (red) for $7 a pop...
Old Dec 23, 2006, 03:11 AM
Evolving Member

fyi, i saw an issue of import tuner 2 months ago that said to watch out for fake parts on ebay. examples... tein springs, ralliart radiator caps, oil caps... some of these parts claim to be real and can have the logo on it but still be fake.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

have to second the ebay exhaust...got mine here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06...QQcmdZViewItem

..made a few minor tweaks to fit it..slighly bent the front sway bar and put a little dent in the exhaust pipe near the diff..but for 300 shipped no biggie..sounds is awesome and i gained 40whp with the turbo back accompanied by a tune...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E-BAY parts that work well (evo only)

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.