Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2 Fast 2 Furious Evo Thread [ALL THREADS MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2003, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read that too. The S2000 was the quickest of the imports. I also thought the movie was better than the last. More of a plot. ALthought most of the stunts are fake, it was entertaning to watch, and I enjoyed it.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

i thought the movie was pretty tight. as aforementioned its just a movie, get over how much we all know about cars, whats ricey, what not, and whats obviously real and not and enjoy the freakin movie. i thought it had a way better story line than the first one(point break with cars) and it had a lot more racing scenes in it. yeah the portrayal of speed and nitrous is fake. like how the s2000 has turbo, but when the bumper gets ripped off, theres no intercooler. or doing like 80 in reverse. if you get over yourselves and realize its puerly for entertainment purposes and to stimulate sales in aftermarket products, then maybe you will be able to enjoy the film. i suggest those of you with these oppinions go and watch it again, and just let yourself believe whats on the screen instead of being the loudmouth in the theatre saying, " thats not real, my car could do that" or some other stupid ish. from me

oorah!
Old Jun 7, 2003, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Old Jun 7, 2003, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

And yeah...It was like a big ****ing commercial. That I truly disliked

****ing pick a real car...Eclipse...oh, you mean Stratus R/T with Mistubishi emblems, fly eyeball tail lights, and an ugly front end???

And a movie must be somewhat believable to be enjoyable. I was very dissapointed...very dissapointed

They just have no clue. Greddy...how much did those a-holes have to pay to get all over that movie?

RETARDED...my final thought!
Old Jun 7, 2003, 05:08 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ocOZkid
Sounded like his car was egged while he was at the show.
Ya got it. Just warning evo owners that the movie is not worth seeing unless your driving something else.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

it was worth my $7.50 - I expected very little and was plesently surprised. With the exception of that God aweful Eclipse Spyder I thought the rest of the cars were cool (yeah, some of the paint jobs were awful - and hey it's a movie, it's supposed to be over the top) I really liked the addition of the Charger & Camaro - it was nice to see a movie aimed at a younger generation pay homage to those classic cars.

overall, it was a 6/10ths movie, about the same as the first. I have seen better movies, but I have also seen much, much worse... it was fun, had some hotties, and some nice rides - what more do you want for $7.50?

my 2 cents....

(last thing - wtf was with the paint job on the Evo, it looked, really, really bad!)
Old Jun 7, 2003, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Mitsubishi builds the Stratus R/T for Dodge, if you look under the hood it has a 3.0 Mitsu motor in it, even the Catalyst sticker has the built by mitsu motors information and logo on it.

Over-all I'm like everyone else, If you go just to see a movie, you'll probably like it. I know I did. If you go to see the movie to tear it apart and cratique it on the cars and how they were drivien, you'll probably drive yourself insane and not like it.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Event-Horizon
I think Mitsubishi builds the Stratus R/T for Dodge, if you look under the hood it has a 3.0 Mitsu motor in it, even the Catalyst sticker has the built by mitsu motors information and logo on it.

Fact is, since it's made in the States, it is more DC than MMC. Regardless, it is just another poorly built DSM POS IMHO.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 11:26 PM

Originally posted by BADWRX
Overall, it was a waste of my $30.75. What a letdown.
Holy ****... is that what a movie costs in California?????

Damn that's alot... I thought $7.50 was alot for one ticket

I'm hoping that $30.75 was for more than 2 tickets.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 11:33 PM

my complaint

well, i didn't read any of the other threads i just wnated to post how BS the scene was when paul walker did the 180 in the movie then popped the car in reverse and was passing cars on the freeway. what a bunch of crap. nobody can do 80 in reverse. that was the stupidest part of the whole movie. ok, i'm done venting.
Old Jun 8, 2003, 02:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by dsmnate

2 tickets

1 large Coke
1 Medium Diet Coke
1 large popcorn

Tickets =$9.00 at the scuzzy ghetto theater! $9.75 at the new one. We chose the cheaper option!
Old Jun 8, 2003, 03:08 PM

u wouldn't pay the extra 1.25? damn thats pretty cheap.
Old Jun 8, 2003, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

i actually liked the first movie, but this one sucked so much ***, i was tempted to walk out
Old Jun 8, 2003, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Saw it last night it was an all out rice fest which i didnt think could happen after the first one. But yeah it surpaced the first one in the amount rice that was shown. The cop (Paul something) was the worst actor in that entire thing his lines were pretty damn stupid.

a funny thing is after the movie a group of kids in a mustang saw my car and were like "oh **** its an evo" "that **** looks nice" they just stared as i drove away. i just let em think what they want to think.
Old Jun 8, 2003, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dsmnate

Cost in Atlanta:
ticket= $0.0 courtesy of
1 slice of pizza= $1.75
total= $1.75

Pretty cheap, I would not pay more to see it but it was entertaining, bogus scenes and all

Quick Reply: 2 Fast 2 Furious Evo Thread [ALL THREADS MERGED]