Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2 Fast 2 Furious Evo Thread [ALL THREADS MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2003, 06:19 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SOF
This is worse than the Honda forums. You little kids need to learn a few things like how movies are made (they dont use real cars) and branding (companies spend billions in advertising alone).
They don't use real cars? Are they made of cardboard or something? Or do they just get some guy to sit in a chair in front of a blue screen and then 'add' the car later? You must be one of those Hollywood FX people - you guys amaze me...
Old May 23, 2003, 07:47 PM

Originally posted by SOF
This is worse than the Honda forums. You little kids need to learn a few things like how movies are made (they dont use real cars) and branding (companies spend billions in advertising alone).
are u gay?
Old May 23, 2003, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
vroommm vroommmm
Old May 23, 2003, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

I thought is was pretty funny spend All that time and effort to make cars look good for screen and can't even back it up with performance GOOD JOB tuners!!!
Old May 23, 2003, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

I just saw this magazine tonight at was shocked at the times. I think there was one car in the 13's. Wasnt the Supra from the first movie really fast?
Old May 23, 2003, 10:25 PM
bs
Evolving Member

yes that supra is fast and the famous yellow skyline has been modded to hell also.
Old May 23, 2003, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

no its an evo 7

Originally posted by turbofreek
the evo in the movie is just a regular lancer with a evo kit, that is why its so slow
Old May 24, 2003, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

they destroyed so many of the cars doing the stunts they had to have a few of each that's why they didn't spend the time tuning em, and just made em for looks =\
Old May 24, 2003, 01:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by SOF

Billions huh. You are the idiot little boy. Are you even 16?
Old May 24, 2003, 01:52 AM
Evolving Member

you dont need a fast car to make a fast car movie. its called hollywood magic. the right camera angle and cuts, and the right sound effect post production can make a car thats moving 30 miles an hour seem like its flying. the makers of this movie didnt need cars that did 9 second 1/4 mile times. they needed cars that LOOKED like they did. this is a tuner movie not a movie about tuner cars. this isnt a how to make your supra fast movie its a look at the character move the story along in his fast supra. if a movie calls for a bar scene and they have to build a set they build a set not a fully coded fully stocked bar.
Old May 24, 2003, 02:12 AM
Evolving Member

i think the lancer in 2f2f is a regular lancer. someone posted pics from the sema show(which i can't seem to find ) and the backend looks like a wide body kit. the taillights don't go all the way out tl the ends of the car. and theres a spacer to fill up the sharp point of the standard lancer tailight after teh evo 7 taillight ends. if anyone knows where the pics are, please point me to them so maybe i can solidify my theory.
Old May 24, 2003, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

i wonder where they did with all the matrix cars after.. but will someone explain why the evo is listed at 215 torque...
Old May 24, 2003, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

all the cars in the matrix = destroyed heh all 300 and extra's the bought! as for the ratings on the car it's probably wrong =( and it's an EVO7 i've seen it imperson and looked at it at a LOT of diff angles even if the ppl at the LA Auto Show didn't like it hehe (on hands and knees looking underneath) man it's a pretty decent looking car im not big on the spoiler or the color but other than that it's nice heh maybe in black? =P
Old May 24, 2003, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

What's with all of you INSISTING it's a regular lancer over and over again??? It's NOT! It's been CLEARLY established that the movie uses an Evo 7. It's not like it's a mystery. Besides, a semi-mass produced car like the Evo 7, while more expensive than regular lancers, is going to be cheaper and easier for a movie company to utilize than performing all these wide-body modifications and adding mock rear differentials to a lancer. It's an Evo 7, not a Mclaren F1, there's no need to use a dummy model.
Old May 24, 2003, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

When i read the post i was wondering if it was an EvolutiuonImports Evo 7.... I think they mess with the car to make it pass the EPA and DOT standards. Not to mention the right hand drive to left hand drive conversion. I wont be surprised if the car rattles as well.

Quick Reply: 2 Fast 2 Furious Evo Thread [ALL THREADS MERGED]