Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my defi's...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got defi's installed to. i love them. i used the 42 draft's water temp adaptor and oil plug adaptor and everything is perfect. i could not be happyer.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

i got defi's installed to. i love them. i used the 42 draft's water temp adaptor and oil plug adaptor and everything is perfect. i could not be happyer.
I cant wait to have the time to finish these up. Did you find a way to wire yours in without causing the buzzer from the defi gauge to go on when the key is in the ON position? I know its normal, but i heard it can be annoying.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Update:

I wired in the Link control meter into the radio harness and found that power is red with a black stripe, not just red. I highly advise not to try and follow colors that are listed online unless they are exact. If you have a test light use it. Ground it out and with the key off, start putting the tip in each pin hole. When you find one that makes the test light light up, thats your 12v constant (and also you know that the ground is good, so you can just grab a connector to wire the end onto and attach it to the screw you used)

Next, turn the key to acc. Find the other pin hole that makes the test light come on, that is your acc (orange). Lastly is small lamp, simply turn on your parking lights and see which pin hole lights your test light and your done.

Also, be sure that your battery is disconnected after you determine what wires are which.

To clear up confusion about what "small lamp" is, that needs to be tapped so that the control unit II will light up when your headlights are on. If you dont tap for the white wire, the unit will light up for a small period of time during self check, and go out.

Ill have pics up when my pod gets here, which will be monday.

JoshR
Old Jan 12, 2007, 05:26 PM

just ordered defi gauges and i got a water temp gauge in my package. my question is has anybody gotten this gauge,and do you need to order an adapter to hook it up or did it come with gauge . thanks
Old Jan 12, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolutionix9
do you need to order an adapter to hook it up or did it come with gauge . thanks
Have you tried opening the box?
Old Jan 12, 2007, 05:59 PM

i just ordered them havent gotten them yet
Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:51 PM

where didu get your adapter for oil pressure ,i cant find one thanks
Old Jan 13, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

where didu get your adapter for oil pressure ,i cant find one thanks
Lancershop.com It is a different part number between the evo IX and evo 8's. Be sure you contact somebody there to make sure you order the right one.

Also, make sure you have a BSPT tap for the oil temp threads, as the defi sensor is NPT, and the oil block adapter if BSPT. Oil pressure you dont have to worry about.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

New pics

Well, after waiting over a month for the pod to come in from JSCspeed, here are the finished pics. The only thing left is to install the climate control stickers, as the new pod did not come with them. On to the pics, sorry for the quality....

Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone have this same pod? Just wondering if yours are pressed fit.

The reason i ask is because the gauges just kind of sit there without alot of pressure and bump after bump kinda moves them.

Im thinking about a way to make them more sturdy in the pod to prevent them from turning, anyone have ideas?
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

man i love those gauges, how much did you end up paying for the gauges and the link?
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

man i love those gauges, how much did you end up paying for the gauges and the link?
All in all about 950 ish. But they are definitly what you pay for. They come with everything needed to install without issues, quality is top notch, they auto calibrate, and you can replay them. Sure makes tuning a boost control alot easier!

If you dont mind spending the money, these are highly recommended.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

And DAve B, if you see this, thanks for helping mount the boost sensor!
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

That is a lot of money, but they look nice.

FYI, Take your old console piece and take the butt end of a pen and pop the old climate control stickers out, they are strong enough plastic so they wont get damaged, and you can take just a tiny dab of super glue on either end to get them to stick to the new piece.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

That is a lot of money, but they look nice.

FYI, Take your old console piece and take the butt end of a pen and pop the old climate control stickers out, they are strong enough plastic so they wont get damaged, and you can take just a tiny dab of super glue on either end to get them to stick to the new piece.
I was thinking about doing this but when the time comes to revert back to stock, its just one less thing to have to do. On JSC, they are only 11 bucks for the set. Thanks for the tip though, most appreciated!

JoshR

Quick Reply: Got my defi's...