Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What to do next ??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do next ??

Can I get some input on what mods to do next...? I was thinking with going with a 20glt but not sure that or a 35r... my goal is to be right around 400 on well we have 92oct here in WA but prob a 91 tune im guessing, but I am going to be using my car 90% of the time as a DD ... My mods are in my sig.. thx any info would help..
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

From what I heard 20G does some amazing things.....Just my $0.02
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Huge difference in a 20g and GT35r. Not sure why you'd be unable to choose between those two when they are for completely different purposes. If you only want 400whp, and it's your daily driver, then a GT35R should not even cross your mind. The 20g-LT appears as if it is a great choice when going for 400whp on PUMP GAS, although 91 is really crappy, so it will not be as easy as doing it on 93oct. If you have 92oct available, you should use it all the time and get tuned on it. Choosing to move down to 91oct does you no good unless 92 is not always available.

You could also get close to 400whp with instantaneous spool and mega torque if you just upgraded to a stock IX turbo and ran meth or alky injection. Much lower cost with stock spool and no headaches.

PS. You should probably fix those typos in your sig:

- Magaflow = Magnaflow
- D & P ehaust housing? Exhaust housing maybe, but are you sure you didn't mean exhaust manifold?
- Forged = Forge (it's a brand name - it's not actually forged)
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:39 PM

Kewl thx for the feedback guys.... sorry about the typos was in a hurry... ya makes sense I would have to look into somebody in seattle to tune my car since Spokane is worthless for people knowing anything about evo's... thx again and is there any other supporting mods I would need... so if i get the 20glt prob want to get rid of the stock IC too....
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good job on the typo fixes.

IF you get the 20g-lt, I'd recommend some upgraded injectors and upgrade the FMIC and piping. You would not need anything else, but you would need your Xede retuned. I'm pretty sure Vishnu travels up there now and again to do tuning trips, but you can go to their forum down below to ask for advice. YOu could always remove it, sell it, and get a flash either in person or through the mail/email, but that's all up to you. If you were to do that, I'd recommend adding an MBC.

I also kinda wish you didn't have the Perrin crank and pulley set. That is not a recommended mod on the Evo, and it seems that Evos in the NW are very susceptible to those non-recommended Perrin mods due to their proximity. 'Tis a shame.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

My own goals are to keep it simple and very driveable. As such I want a ton of torque with decent lungs on top but it need not be silly. I'd most likely go with a IX turbo or the 20 from Buschur with the needed parts added in to make sure it stayed cool lived a long time.