Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boost Control Problems

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost Control Problems

Alright I have a "MBC" that was givin to me from a friend that came with his turbo kit for his mustang. I have installed it on the car and im only seeing 1.13 to 1.16 bar. I thought I had it on backwards so I turned it around and it reads about the same amount of boost. I have a line coming from the wastegate actuator and running to the boost controller. From there i have a line that is ran to a T fitting. ( one line ran to the turbo and the other line is ran to another T fitting which connects the BOV to the Intake Manifold.) What could be the reason for me not being able to control my boost? Did I completely install the controller wrong or did I run the lines wrong?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YOu have two tee fittings? You should either be going from the MBC to the turbo or MBC to a tee that goes in the BOV line. YOu shouldn't be tapping into both pressure sources (bov/turbo). I also don't know if it's a good idea to be using an MBC from a turbo kit for a Mustang. MBCs are cheap - you don't need to skimp by using one not made for the Evo. I would suggest not risking the life of your Evo and getting a known, reliable MBC for $85.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SPOOLEDTSiAWD
Alright I have a "MBC" that was givin to me from a friend that came with his turbo kit for his mustang. I have installed it on the car and im only seeing 1.13 to 1.16 bar. I thought I had it on backwards so I turned it around and it reads about the same amount of boost. I have a line coming from the wastegate actuator and running to the boost controller. From there i have a line that is ran to a T fitting. ( one line ran to the turbo and the other line is ran to another T fitting which connects the BOV to the Intake Manifold.) What could be the reason for me not being able to control my boost? Did I completely install the controller wrong or did I run the lines wrong?
What kind of "mbc" is it? I agree with Warrtalon, use one soure to control your boost.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can you post a pic of the subject MBC for us to see?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
YOu have two tee fittings? You should either be going from the MBC to the turbo or MBC to a tee that goes in the BOV line. YOu shouldn't be tapping into both pressure sources (bov/turbo). I also don't know if it's a good idea to be using an MBC from a turbo kit for a Mustang. MBCs are cheap - you don't need to skimp by using one not made for the Evo. I would suggest not risking the life of your Evo and getting a known, reliable MBC for $85.
++1 , hope you have a guage also
Old Jan 28, 2007, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

DEJON BOOST CONTROLLER 50-60 bux, works damn well
Old Jan 28, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does your MBC have two nipples( ), one on the bottom and another on the side?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I was using one Tee fitting in the beginning and that didn't work so i tried it the other way. I left all the lines that way they were and used a DNA mbc just to see if the boost controller I have is defective. I can control my boost fine now so it must be the boost controller that is having the issue. I'm gonna get rid of one of the Tee's and just use the one now.

As for what kind on boost controller it is, it doesn't have a name on it and it was supposed to be universal. I'll try and get some pics of it. Honestly to me, it looks like it goes to an air compressor of some sort.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Does your MBC have two nipples( ), one on the bottom and another on the side?
Yeah it has two, but not on the bottom and side. They are both on opposite sides of each other.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
++1 , hope you have a guage also
Sure do