Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

installed my ams copy intercooler and ebay pipes today

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
150 vs 600-800 for an intercooler that flows just as good. Its not rocket science.

As was stated there are tons of hodas making 600+hp on these IC's. Im not to proud to put one on my car. Its not being cheap its being logical DUH

Dont worry those companys will still make their money. I dont think that Buschur or AMS are worried about losing a couple of IC sales to EBAY

Last edited by gsrboi80; Feb 22, 2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Thi...QQcmdZViewItem

i knows lots of ppl deep in the 10's and making more than 600whp with this intercooler.

ppl just think that because the evo is a 30k+ car that the parts for the evos also have to be expensive. companies take advantage of these stupid people and charge $200+ for a modifiyed u bend and call it a licp
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by riceball777
then you are simply brainwashed by all the big companies that are simply riping you off and making a fortune from unintelegent buyers spending rediculess amounts of money or the simplest of products.

in the honda world theres are countless of 600+hp cars running $150 ebay intercoolers. It just a matter of time before evo owners get smarter and eccept ebay intercoolers.

anyone that spends $500-1000 on a exhaust or more than 100 for a licp is an idiot
when in fact is mearly a U bend with a few welds on it . anyone that can change their oil can make a licp for like $50 or less

the only people that hate ebay are companies and shows because simply ebay sell many quality parts that no one can match for the price and also ebay sell name brand parts that also most shops cannot match in price.
I agree and I disagree. At the end of the day a weld laid in China is the same as a weld laid in the USA and a 3 inch pipe is a 3 inch pipe whether it be ebay knock-off's, american made, or mad tyte JDM yo.

BUT..... I try to support the companies that support us. Whether you like them or not (and lately many appear to not) Buschur, AMS, Turbo Trix, Works, etc... have all been very beneficial to our community and have given a great deal of time, money, and stress to help us out. The Ebay knock-offs haven't. If I have a problem with one of those vendors parts I have no doubt that I will be able to get ahold of them and get the problem fixed...with the ebay vendors, I don't have that luxury. They are the innovators and they deserve to reap the rewards that come with that. I don't think it's fair that they take the time and effort (and regardless of what anyone thinks, it DOES take time and money to design even the simplest of parts) to design items only to have them ripped off. Alas that is life and basic economics though and my rant won't change it.

Anyways, off my soapbox.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

there is no hardwork or reasearch and development into making exhaust piping and and intercoler piping.
who do you think took out all the parts and re-designed the upper i/c piping to reduce all the length and bends? some dude in china that has never even seen or heard of an evo? no...
buschur/ams and others are the ones that took the cars apart and figured out you could eliminate 2-2.5ft of piping and all the bends associated with them. if they hadn't, your ebay company would have nothing to sell, as all they do is buy one and copy it.

did the maker of the chinese exhausts spend hours under a car figuring out how to get the 3" pipe as straight as an arrow and where to weld up the hangers, or how to clear the factory crossbars? me no thinkey so..
if it doesn't take any research or hard work, then why didn't you do it yourself or have a local muffler shop just bend up some pipe for you?

I understand your decision financially to purchase the ebay stuff and won't bash you for that.. to each his own, but don't fool yourself into thinking these parts just magically appeared. someone did some research into what works.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone can make exhaust piping and intercooler pipeing!!!!!!. all you have to do is buy U bends and cut and weld.
i have made my own intercooler piping for my integra and for my friends crx, its really not that hard and does take much time at all.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

I bought the real AMS fmic...nice! but this one looks nice too.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smarsenal
I agree with you here!!
Many companies have dedicated countless hours of research and development into improving the EVO (most of which are on EVOM). I say we support our vendors here in order to continue the progression and improvement of the EVO. How many stories have we heard of ebay garbage?
My confidence goes with Buschur, AMS, and all the other EvoM vendors!! PROVEN RESULTS!!

thank you.. there are real ppl on here.. i dont care man ur running 10's with an ebay intercooler.. cool man.. maybe u will run high 9's with a decent intercooler.. hey man what intercooler u running? oh yeah im running that fay-ms ebay edition.. step your game up all u ebay buyers.. get on my level
Old Feb 22, 2007, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

riceball777.. the name says it all...
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trjx24
thank you.. there are real ppl on here.. i dont care man ur running 10's with an ebay intercooler.. cool man.. maybe u will run high 9's with a decent intercooler.. hey man what intercooler u running? oh yeah im running that fay-ms ebay edition.. step your game up all u ebay buyers.. get on my level
Well there goes any respect i had for your first comment. People are gonna buy what they want to buy. Some prefer to rant and rave about the USDM Evo market and how our cars would absolutely disappear if Buschur or AMS fell off the planet. Others like to see what else is out there and take a risk or two and maybe save a buck in the process. This doesn't apply to just car parts either, China has been doing it FOREVER to various industries and its what keeps out economy going. Sometimes you just gotta admit that someone does it better than you can. It just so happens they're able to pay laborers what we give our 4 year old's as a weekly allowance.

Last edited by Sap12687; Feb 22, 2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by trjx24
riceball777.. the name says it all...
^^beat me to it...
some people don't understand that sure anybody can weld pipe together, but it takes engineering, R&D, etc. to get the BEST possible results. People talk about big companies "ripping us off".. last time I checked, AMS, Turbotrix, etc. arent big companies. It would seem to me they are the ones being ripped off by these ebay vendors who buy their stuff only to copy their designs.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

I believe you usually get what you pay for. Good luck as for me I putting on the ams product here real soon.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sap12687
Well there goes any respect i had for your first comment. People are gonna buy what they want to buy. Some prefer to rant and rave about the USDM Evo market and how our cars would absolutely disappear if Buschur or AMS fell off the planet. Others like to see what else is out there and take a risk or two and maybe save a buck in the process. This doesn't apply to just car parts either, China has been doing it FOREVER to various industries and its what keep out economy going. Sometimes you just gotta admit that someone does it better than you can. It just so happens they're able to pay laborers what we give our 4 year old's as an allowance.
So you can take the ebay version and I'll take the Buschur/AMS at a little higher cost!! It's all personal preference. I say we support the real people who make the Evo better and faster!!

Last edited by smarsenal; Feb 22, 2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sap12687
Well there goes any respect i had for your first comment. People are gonna buy what they want to buy. Some prefer to rant and rave about the USDM Evo market and how our cars would absolutely disappear if Buschur or AMS fell off the planet. Others like to see what else is out there and take a risk or two and maybe save a buck in the process. This doesn't apply to just car parts either, China has been doing it FOREVER to various industries and its what keeps out economy going. Sometimes you just gotta admit that someone does it better than you can. It just so happens they're able to pay laborers what we give our 4 year old's as a weekly allowance.
i agree.. but what really got me was the ranting and raving about the ebay parts.. i have heard so many things about it and i just think it is disrespecting the "real" manufacturers of quality parts..
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

IDK about Ebay stuff. usualy I just buy from a vendor because if it fails I complain and vendors usualy strive to keep customers happy. But It looks good.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Thi...QQcmdZViewItem

i knows lots of ppl deep in the 10's and making more than 600whp with this intercooler.

ppl just think that because the evo is a 30k+ car that the parts for the evos also have to be expensive. companies take advantage of these stupid people and charge $200+ for a modifiyed u bend and call it a licp

WOW that one is the best eBay unit I have seen. How well does it fit with the Evo IX?

Quick Reply: installed my ams copy intercooler and ebay pipes today