Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Launch vid

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice launch bro . Car sounds mean too.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KartaRailed
AutoX is to addicting for me, its going to turn out just like nitrous if I ever try it. Hopefully next few months I will get out to an event.
You'd be far better off being addicted to autox than being addicted to a freakin huge 100 shot of nitrous. It would be much safer, much more fulfilling, and make you a much better driver.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You'd be far better off being addicted to autox than being addicted to a freakin huge 100 shot of nitrous. It would be much safer, much more fulfilling, and make you a much better driver.
Yeah, but nitrous makes my ***** feel bigger. I think im going to get out to a AutoX pretty soon, theres going to be one in a couple of weeks in SFL, and im home for it. I think im going to regester.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Do it.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:09 AM
Evolving Member

nice warr
Old Mar 2, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Sweet. Car looks good too. What wheels your runnin?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Enkei NT03+M
Old Mar 2, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
nice, but i don't think it's necessary to get a good launch in autox.
you have about a car length before you trip the light and first corner comes pretty quick.

can't wait till our autox season to start here.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Interesting, you're the second person to do that. I should do the same to see the difference. I hadn't really thought about it, because I was thinking it wouldn't be so obvious from the in-car perspective, but I guess it is..
Yes it looks alot firmer this year than last, doesnt seem like your fighting the car as much around corners.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

I can gain about half a second just from a good launch. Sometimes, the first corner is too soon or too tight to allow for a launch, but in this case, you can see there's lot of space before the first turn. I had time to do a full launch, brake, then turn, and if you watch some of the other vids from the same guy on Youtube, those cars are WAYYY slower out of the hole. Yes, there is room before the lights, but if you're just getting started when you hit the lights, and I'm already at full speed, then I'm obviously going to have an advantage.

Spooldyou, yeah, you're right. It's MUCH easier to drive the car now. I'm not saying I've figured it out, but it's not a constant fight around every turn. Now, I'm just learning how to harness the new handling into making it around the courses faster. It's a learning curve, but it's easier and more fun than before.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Which do you enjoy more Clay? Auto X or road racing?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Road racing absolutely destroys AutoX.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
that's a very good launch but to me, i just think more effort should be put into cornering speed since that could make up 95% of you time in autox and a good launch makes up the other 5%. where as in drag racing, 50% goes to good shift and 50% goes to good launch. for me, i would sooner perfect cornering before launching, less stress on the car also. i guess it could be because my region always put first turn very close to starting gate just to discourage people from launching.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Well, nailing my launch does not preclude me from focusing on that other 95%, but in this region 5% is the difference between 1st and 40th (overall PAX), if not worse. Our course designers do a nice mix of starts rather than always doing it the same way and never letting people launch. Also, don't forget that the SCCA ProSolo program incorporates a full drag tree launch (side-by-side), so it's obviously a critical think to master for that competition, which I plan to do this season.

Danny, Talon summed it up nicely. I enjoy auto-x and do it for practice, but it doesn't hold a candle to road racing.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Talon
Road racing absolutely destroys AutoX.
This is a retarded comment. Do you road race? In what league and with what car? Road racing takes way more money and time to compete in than AutoX, and the two cannot even be compared to. AutoX is a fun thing to get into if you don't have money for an all out race car and crew, and money for entering actual races. If you go to track days and randomly race who ever happens to be on the track, that is NOT racing. It might just be me, but has Warrtalon's interest completely shifted from drag racing to autox? =)

Last edited by sonicnofadz; Mar 2, 2007 at 05:58 PM.