Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need screws for stock front bumper lip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need screws for stock front bumper lip

I put my stock bottom lip on my 05 MR because my CF lip cracked. No dealer can find or figure out the 15 little phillips screws that connect the stock lip to the bumper. Anyone know where I can get them or what part number they are?
Does someone know if I can buy something that works at Lowes or some store and what size to get? Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
u may have to wing it man. those things are a pain to find as oem. id go to an auto parts store and get as close as u can
Old Mar 3, 2007, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Well, I called Mitsubishi and they're looking into it. I didn't want to put it on a lift, take the undertray of to get to the 3 screws I have holding it on, and then go to the store to get something similar. It's incredible that no parts manager or Mitsu know what these screws are or how to get them.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

If you go to www.mitsubishiparts.net, there is a link for "parts" it will be a form that you fill out and tell them exactly what your looking for, they do ask for a VIN# but I have gotten several quotes just by putting "N/A" is the box for the VIN. Once you put all the info in they will email you back with a price. They have crushed everyone on prices for OEM stuff that I have needed.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:22 AM

here u go http://machevo.com/oempufa.html
Old Mar 5, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

That's not the screws I'm looking for mattevo9. I'm refering to the 15 little gold phillips screws that connect the lower lip to the bumper. I just got a call from Mitsu and they still have no idea what I'm talking about, even after they looked into it. They said I probably had to buy the whole part to get the hardware and it wasn't available seperately even though they had no idea what the screws were. This was after they asked me about 20 times if it was the stock part and not aftermarket, incredible incompitance. Now I have to put it on a lift take the undertray off, replace the poppet screws I break taking off, go to the hardware store and get a close match and put everything back together.