Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

-long read-hit me and tried to beat me up

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little inspiration for you to see that size doesn't always dictate the outcome.
http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=265476

Next time say you are going to call the police for a police report. When the officer writes him up you will then have his insurance information and contact them. That way your insurance doesn't have to get involved and if he doesnt have insurance he will be arrested
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by keevo54
A little inspiration for you to see that size doesn't always dictate the outcome.
http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=265476
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

yeah stick weith the hit and run
its a felony so cops can do something about it
my friend got everything stolen out of his eclipse subs head unit radar even the wires
the cops said there was nothing they could do and left. so he is out of over 1000 bucks and there is nothing the cops will ever even try to do
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:16 AM

Go buy a gun for protection
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

i don't think a gun would do anything. get some pepper spray
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sl0ev0
i don't think a gun would do anything. get some pepper spray

i prefer carb cleaner or brakeclean

neither of which is fun when it enters your eyes/mouth
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

If the accident wasn't your fault - and his insurance pays for it - it shoudln't raise you at all.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MikSchultzy
If the accident wasn't your fault - and his insurance pays for it - it shoudln't raise you at all.
not true.

whether you are at fault or not. You will recieve insurance points, which will increase your premium.

i know first hand.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

no matter what you do, do not listen to these people who tell you to stash weapons for these situations. You will end up dead for so many reasons. People who mentioned self defense classes were joking right? You will never be tougher than this type of person.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by d'shark
That's spelt 'MACHETE', I know i'm j'can and I got one too.

The OP, sucks about what happened to you. Just keep on the look out, if he lives in your neighborhood you'll see his car again. Get his tag # then and call the cops. Hopefully the surveillance footage from the gas station will help also. Good Luck Bro.
It's spelt "spelled".

Try to get his tag from the surveillance camera and let the law deal with it. Count yourself lucky he didn't get in his car and come back with his "insurance" which probably would have been a gun in your face robbing you and telling you if you try anything he'll kill you and your family now that he has your license and home address.

Also, what type of neighborhood was this? A little discretion on where you stop at 2:30 in the morning can save you from a lot of BS in the future.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Apr 11, 2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=MRedition;4195522]next time you fight someone bigger than you. throw change in his face...kick him in the ***** and beat the **** out of him, run and say keep the change b*tch

ROFLMAO
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Carloverx
no matter what you do, do not listen to these people who tell you to stash weapons for these situations. You will end up dead for so many reasons. People who mentioned self defense classes were joking right? You will never be tougher than this type of person.
+1

Let me add this, arming yourself with a firearm or some other weapon as others have suggested is just plain stupid. Fighting the guy is stupid. Looking for him after the fact is stupid. You risk injury to yourself or others, and in the State of Florida, your asking for a criminal charge. I have been a Fla crim defense lawyer for years, and I know what i am talking about here. Next time this happens, simply call 911. Period. Don't sit there and try to have a conversation with an idiot like that. Just my unsolicited .02. Good luck with your insurance company, i hope your premiums don't go up.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Carloverx

good advice and bad advice.

good advice because if this guy manhandled the original poster the way he explained and snatched his notepad device from his hands he would have done the same thing with a weapon and then killed him with it.

bad advice by saying not to take self defense classes. by making himself stronger by weight lifting, and learning something like bjj he would have not let this guy manhandle him.. granted his mindset wont be the same. meaning the guy probably would have killed him over this where as im sure he wouldnt kill the guy over this, but he would have prevented the guy from kicking his ***, and getting away.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok...

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
i keep a tazor, couple knives, flare gun and my torque wrench in my car.

That sucks man, hope ya feel better.

Cheers!
so you can tazer his ***, shank him, and shoot a flare gun to let the cops knwo where hes at? then torque his look nut?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Chiming in one more time. You guys do realize that Jamaica has the 3rd highest murder rate in the world. Or something to that effect. Yea sure you see the nice ads with people running around on clear water beaches without a care in the world but what they dont show you is the EAST side of the island where there are many people like the gentleman who ruffled the OP. Many of them are nice but the mean ones will kill you without blinking. Hasnt anyone seen BELLY or Marked For Death?? Self defense is not an option. Let someone else deal with these guys. In most other carribean nations(Haiti, St. Lucia,etc), the immigrants are more subdued and less confrontational. Thats why I assumed he was a genuine JA rastafarian badman.

Last edited by NoTec; Apr 11, 2007 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: -long read-hit me and tried to beat me up