Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

From what I have heard and read,,,we will be waiting.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2002, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I have heard and read,,,we will be waiting.

From what I know we have to wait tell April of 2003...and we will be getting 250hp, smaller intercooler. Well that gives me time to drive the Sti Wrx,,,it will have a 6spd, brembos, and who knows what else, about time gets there finger out of there ***, but I feel its taking them way to long,,,and with our luck,,,there way under 30k,,,will actually be 29,999....trust me, I want an EVO bad,,but it just pisses me off there taking so dang long to bring it,,,by the time it gets here, **** Subby will probably be bring over a Prodrive model by then. Maybe there driving the Evo's over.............

EVO for ever:headbng2:
Old Mar 20, 2002, 11:32 AM

where is this information comming from?
Old Mar 20, 2002, 11:38 AM

Called Cali,,,,said to say, Car and Driver. I just wish would stop worring about there stocks and sales for the year,,,which already suck,,,and get the ball rolling, the longer they wait , the more Subby sell.

:headbng2:
Old Mar 20, 2002, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Interesting use of commas, didn't know they were that versatile...hehehe...uhmm...thanks for the info...I think? Anyone else care to chime in?
Old Mar 20, 2002, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Nope.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo_dan
Nope.
Smartass...go mix me a record or something.

Talk about off-topic...
Old Mar 20, 2002, 12:08 PM

Sorry, Just kinda :soapbox: at for taking so long, just hate having to wait a year since we have had to wait for 8 yrs already while people in europe have been driving them. just been a long day:headbng2:
Old Mar 20, 2002, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

I would be more sympathetic, but I have been waiting for an Evo for about 4 years now. It seems we are finaly getting down to months, then it will be weeks, then days, then hours.........so you see, it's really not that long from now.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Re: From what I have heard and read,,,we will be waiting.

Originally posted by Speedy
From what I know we have to wait tell April of 2003...and we will be getting 250hp, smaller intercooler. Well that gives me time to drive the Sti Wrx,,,it will have a 6spd, brembos, and who knows what else, about time gets there finger out of there ***, but I feel its taking them way to long,,,and with our luck,,,there way under 30k,,,will actually be 29,999....trust me, I want an EVO bad,,but it just pisses me off there taking so dang long to bring it,,,by the time it gets here, **** Subby will probably be bring over a Prodrive model by then. Maybe there driving the Evo's over.............

EVO for ever:headbng2:
Don't believe everything you hear

Nobody really knows anything at this point other than it will have OVER 250 hp and will be here in JAN 2003.

This is from the official Mitsu. press release at the International Auto Show.

That's really the only thing anybody knows.....everything else is speculation.

Hooby
Old Mar 20, 2002, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

You know what we need?!! A "Welcome to last week!" Logo.

Not to get pissy or anything, but at least once a week a noob will come into this board and write the EXACT same thing as last weeks noob did. "im pissed about this and that, and I hear we arent getting the EVO but that th STi will be here next week.

Oh well, I guess its kinda fun to just scrunch up my face and go "what the...." first thing in the morning.

Patience DanielSan
Old Mar 20, 2002, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by blitzpb
and I hear we arent getting the EVO but that th STi will be here next week.
haha... no no it's going to be here saturday and it does 9's on the quarter. We should just give up now
Old Mar 20, 2002, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Speedy
Sorry, Just kinda :soapbox: at for taking so long, just hate having to wait a year since we have had to wait for 8 yrs already while people in europe have been driving them. just been a long day:headbng2:
Well, just want to point out, we did have the Galant VR-4 and the DSM back then. However, less than 5% of the total DSMs sold are AWD model. Can you guess how Mitsu feel about the mid-price AWD Turbo high performance market back then? If it's you, would you bring an even more hardcore EVO here for an even higher price tag? How many of the US consumer will buy them?

It not like they don't want us to have the good stuff, it just the US masses decide the faith of the EVO. For that kind of price, most people would demand leather seats, nice interior, smooth ride...."what?? you want me to pay over $30K for a Mitsu, hell no!!!" is what they were thinking...It's all about supply and demand.

Keep waiting, you will get one
Old Mar 20, 2002, 09:44 PM
D$

STi, Evo, Prodrive

The STi is not even officially anounced. If it does happen, it won't happen that much before the Evo (at least I hope not, my down payment isn't ready...) As for a Prodrive version, that is very unlikely. The prodrive version is all visual enhancements for a lot more money. People here in the US barely know anything about rally or Prodrive, so the niche market for that would be tiny indeed.

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if Mits kept the FMIC, but made a smaller one that was more crash-friendly.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone _really_ think that Mitsu will have any problem moving Evos out the door? If anything, the GT-As with the auto will sell a bit slower, but then again, everything could fly out the door (or the exact opposite).
Old Mar 20, 2002, 10:51 PM
D$

I think they'll move fast, as long as they don't price themselves out of the market. Now, $30k is a great price for the car - as long as the people who want Evos have that to spend, and the people who have that to spend want Evos (and not something else)

Quick Reply: From what I have heard and read,,,we will be waiting.