Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

If you want to keep your OEM Floor Mats looking brand new then check these out.

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2007, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to keep your OEM Floor Mats looking brand new then check these out.

Everyone knows that the stock EVO floor mats wear quickly. I found a solution to keeping them brand new and looking good without sacrificing the stock oem look. Go to this link http://www.exactmats.com/ and you will see the coolest clear floor mat covers that fit perfectly over our oem mats. I found a guy on ebay who sells these exact covers and he happened to have a set of lancer mats which are the same shape and size as our evo mats I just dont know if the other lancer's have the hook hole in the driver side mat. I purchased them for 70.00 plus shipping and I think they will be well worth it. What do you guys think of these?
Old May 24, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs down

That's like putting plastic covers on your living room furniture......does not look right and you're just confirming you are cheap......just buy new mats when they wear out. You can get 4 factory floormats from lancershop.com for $69.99

Mattj
Old May 24, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

I just don't get why people cover up the factory floor mats. Your spending 70 dollars to cover up 70 dollar floor mats But hey.. to each his own.
Old May 24, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

I think that's cool. Makes it easier to clean your floor mats. Sort of.
Old May 24, 2007, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dropspeed
That's like putting plastic covers on your living room furniture......does not look right and you're just confirming you are cheap......just buy new mats when they wear out. You can get 4 factory floormats from lancershop.com for $69.99

Mattj
You make no sense. How am I cheap when I spend the money to get something other thats better then having nothing? My floor mats are brand new and I happen to be very **** about the condition of my car and cant stand heel wear or dirt etc... on my oem mats so I feel this is a great product for protection.
Old May 24, 2007, 08:19 PM
Former Vendor

My ol' lady puts those paper cover thingy's in the lexus so she dont get the floor mats dirty
Old May 24, 2007, 08:26 PM

mine have held up pretty well but the driver's side seems to come off the hook and slide up under the pedals.
Old May 24, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

those thing always got stuck under the gas panel
Old May 24, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

mine's full of dog hair and i cant get them off
Old May 24, 2007, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

more unnecessary weight...
Old May 24, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Its not that I wouldnt buy new mats, its more of the fact that I cant handle seeing warn and dirty mats in a immaculate Evo. I am sure there are some other that understand where I am coming from. The nice thing about these clear mats is you can see the oem mat because they are so clear and you will never get the wear. I only plan on using them when driving but if I want to show my car then I will take them out.
Old May 24, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

buy the OEM lancer rubber mats. . .about $70 shipped and they replace your stockers in the nasty winters. . .and it doesn't look as "grandma" like with a plastic cover over it like yours!
Old May 24, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brijen123
.........I spend the money to get something other thats better then having nothing?
I make no sense

The cheap reference was for all of the people that protect the furniture so it doesn't wear out................instead of enjoying it and replacing it when it does.

Look, you wanted an opinion and you got one......don't like it, don't end your post in "what do you guys think". I think it is stupid and tacky....not to mention probably slippery and potentially unsafe.

Mattj
Old May 24, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dropspeed

Mattj
Awesome I'm gonna have to check that out

Originally Posted by Brijen123
You make no sense. How am I cheap when I spend the money to get something other thats better then having nothing? My floor mats are brand new and I happen to be very **** about the condition of my car and cant stand heel wear or dirt etc... on my oem mats so I feel this is a great product for protection.
haha, I'm not ****, my car's filthy although I hate that it is and I've got pretty signifcant heal damage already after only 5k miles

Originally Posted by Speed Corps
My ol' lady puts those paper cover thingy's in the lexus so she dont get the floor mats dirty
I left them in from when I bought the car for 3k miles Even switched them when the drivers one was more worn than the passenger one
Old May 24, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

I think the title of the thread Says: "IF YOU WANT to keep your OEM Floor Mats looking brand new then check these out." Its amazing how theres always gotta be people putting other people's ideas down.

Quick Reply: If you want to keep your OEM Floor Mats looking brand new then check these out.