Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Alignment shop totaled my car..

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^thanks and hats off to you for being in the military...

btw: i dont know if it applies to military guys, but when i worked in a govt office, its wrong and illegal to use your authority for personal gain
Old May 28, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

i dont see how he should give you any money. shops are insured for a reason.
Old May 28, 2007, 05:41 PM

^that is true but if he is the owner he could just throw the cash to him. it all depends on how he sees the deal
Old May 28, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

if it makes you guys feel better i work at goodyear in freeport n.y we have the new alignment mech. so it doesnt matter how low the car is... call before you come 516-868-1750....dave
Old May 28, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

You should def. search the internet for body shops in your area, including dealerships that have body shops... get the highest quote, give it to them, get a check, cash it, then go to the cheapest one, have some spare money.
Old May 29, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
^thanks and hats off to you for being in the military...

btw: i dont know if it applies to military guys, but when i worked in a govt office, its wrong and illegal to use your authority for personal gain
I believe that he was referring to being an NCO and using his authority. But you are correct though. Our creed states that we will not use our grade or position to attain pleasure, profit or personal safety.
Old May 29, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

I think that shop handled the situation very well. Shops always make mistakes and customer service really shows when they make an effort to fix those mistakes. And in your case it seems like they really made an effort to fix the problem. You could always throw in the offer of just $600 and call it even. But that seems a bit unfair to them. but asking them would never hurt.
Old May 29, 2007, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

I would have knocked that guy on his *** before he could have said one word.
Old May 29, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

^since i didnt do that, this is why im on the end thats RECEIVING money
Old May 29, 2007, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

where's reverse??? I would kick him out right then but it was too late damage is done sorry to hear that
Old May 29, 2007, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you got jacked
you should make them pay for the damages
Old May 30, 2007, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope you parked somewhere reasonable and did not self segregate yourself, putting your car in harms way. Parking on a hill for someone who has never driven the car to reverse out of is well, just foolish if you ask me. If he didn't hit something you'd likely be on here telling us that some dude at a shop burnt your clutch and should pay you for 3k miles of wear and tear to your drivetrain.

I don't know enough to agree or disagree with your allegations, nor do I offer legal advice, but I do recommend you familiarize yourself with the term "Care, Custody and Control." Typically shops and insurance look to place blame, not give away their 'hard earned' revenues.
Old May 30, 2007, 11:42 AM

It will get resolved. OP seems to have his head on straight. Now the lip thats another story...
Old May 30, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

the car was parked in their parking lot, their whole lot is sloped..i apologize if i didnt fully explain the situation, but i did absolutely nothing wrong in this situation, i parked where they told me to, he asked me where's Rev AFTER he did the damage, if he asked me prior i would've told him i'd put it on the rack for him. Well i spoke to the owner and he fully understands the situation and told me to take it to the shop to get it fixed and they'll handle the bill.

Last edited by RalliArtEvoVIII; May 30, 2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old May 30, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

just called the bodyshop, they said anything above the estimate they gave me will be held against them, theyre dealing with this matter directly w/ them. I spoke to the bodyshop guy about ordering an alternative part (seibon VR style cf lip) because i cant afford to have my car sit in their shop for 2-3 days getting the entire front end painted (the bodyshop guy himself told me he'd be painting the front bumper along w/ the lip) because this is my DD. I told him i dont see why they'd deny this, its cheaper due to less labor and no need to paint, and its more convenient on my side due to it being able to be installed in about an hour. He said the only problem he sees is if the wrong part arrives and he has to ship it back, etc... or if the part needs additional work. I told him even w/ the extra work i highly doubt it'd exceed the original quote of $800, the lip itself is shy of $400. I even told him worst comes to worst, i'll even walk away w/ the lip and install it myself and relieve the shop of any responsibilities once i leave the lot.

Quick Reply: Alignment shop totaled my car..