Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Alignment shop totaled my car..

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment shop totaled my car..

Well not quite ... took my car into a local Goodyear alignment shop because my car is pulling on the hwy...

parked the car in their lot which is on a hill, angling my car forward(downhill)
Service mgr comes out and says he's gonna put my car on the rack, so i handed him the keys and watched him turn on the car (first time hearing my exhaust outside my car ) so i dont notice the reverse lights coming on and he gases it, wham!! car goes down hill and hits the curb infront of it, i walk up to the front and my front lip is lodged over the curb and kind of bending it, so he asks me where's reverse??? i said umm where u would usually find 6th, so he puts it in and reverses out...

So now i ask calmly, you do realize you damaged my lip? He said yes, i apologize and he starts up a work order(for the alignment). So he writes it up and says ok sign here and we'll get u started, i say ok thats cool BUT what about my lip u damaged? he said go to his body shop and get a quote. So after I go over there and its a NICE shop they had a fully rally built evo8 there as well. So in total for JUST THE STOCK LIP painted and installed on my car its slightly shy of $800. WOW...not to mention im gonna need a rental car paid for by the shop.

So i took the quote to the shop and said his boss will give me a call on wednesday to get this started. My thing is i dont want to go thru all this for a some scratches on my lip, i rather work a deal w/ the shop and walk out with $600 cash or somethin. Should i throw this offer at the owner? I dont see why not, otherwise he's liable for about $900 in damages and rental fees.

PIC....

Old May 25, 2007, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

PS: after all this, i STILL didnt get an alignment because my car is too low for their lasers to meet across the front, and i still paid their $34 alignment check fee.
Old May 25, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
This is why I dont let people drive my car - even at shops. Sucks to hear.

BTW, the lower lip is uber easy to get off once the undertray is out of the way. You could just take it off, have it repainted, then put it back on --- no rental needed and you still have your car.

I have a Street Concept D2 (Varis clone) cf lip. Totally love it and fits great.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k6...vo/autox13.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k6...o/DSCF1104.jpg
Old May 25, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i know its easy to take off, but since I didnt personally damage it and the shop is willing to cover all costs, im not laying a finger on this job
Old May 25, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Tell him to cut you a check, Then get a Do Luck lip!
Old May 25, 2007, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

I doubt that they will offer to pay you cash because their out of pocket expenses will be so low if it's his own body shop that is doing the work. I'd say, just get it fixed, and drive a rental for 2 days.
Old May 25, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks some randon douche-face treated you that way. I'd demand cash since he is sending you to 'his' body shop where his buddies are going to make money off the parts and labor and drink beer talking about it later. Your cars front lip is going to suffer anyway due to it being a street driven slammed ride. I take care of what I do in my my lowered evo and its got all kinds of scratches on the bottom factory lip. I just removed mine, sprayed it black, then touch it up twice a year w/ magic marker. f-it
Old May 25, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

ahhh hell no!!!!! I make him pay for a ralliart lip after that last comment. Think about it, you can get an even better lip than the stocker for the $34 that you paid for the alignment check fee. Its a win-lose situation
Old May 25, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

no no sorry for the misunderstanding, its not HIS shop...its a shop where they send cars when things get damaged...when i went to the shop and mentioned the shop that damaged my car they had to think about it for a second and didnt realize what shop i was talkin about
Old May 25, 2007, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

he told me i could go to any shop and get a quote i went to his because i dont know any shops around the area
Old May 25, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

dude get a quote, take the money, buy a ralliart lip, end of story
Old May 25, 2007, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

why u think i want cash?
Old May 25, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say talk to them about what you want. I'm sure they'd wanna pay $600 instead of $800.
Old May 25, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ALL THAT happened with ONE run over a curb? I got mega scuffs like that from driving in my driveway at a wrong angle. Sucks, hate to see that.
Old May 25, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

I would have strangled him, then gone to jail for murder.

Good to see you were able to keep your cool about it.

Quick Reply: Alignment shop totaled my car..