Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo vs 330i (daily driver)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have both. I happen to have the 330i with the performance package (ZHP). This car keeps up with stock Evos on the autocross no problem. Ive seen it. Of course the drag or roadrace the EVO would spank it, but the straight 6 in the BMW makes decent power. The shifting and steering is awesome on the BMW. The EVO is more raw, unrefined, and faster overall. They are both great cars, so I guess it's a personnal preferance thing. My wife drives the 330 and I drive the Evo. Next year she is getting a 335 or 135 (I can't wait).

Last edited by KawRider; Jun 12, 2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would suggest the BMW for daily driver even though the Evo is also a lot of fun to drive. Having cruise control is a plus when driving in the hwy and Mitsubishi will always regret for the rest of their business life not even offering a cruise control as an option on a Evo .

Not having a cruise control on a Evo is a mark down. The more mark downs you have in a car the less competitive the car becomes. Gas mileage, maintenance are just some aspects to consider.

My vote goes for the BMW to commute to work, you wouldn't have to stop at the gast station as often if you know what I mean.

my .2c

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jun 12, 2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by liquidicy
Wouldn't everything except for gas mileage be about the same? I thought repair costs might be less with the evo even. And are you saying evos are not as reliable as bimmers?

I only make like 500 a month while in school and most of it would go on monthly payments.

And why would I get more tickets with an evo? If I am speeding in any car (more than 20 above speed limit), I know I will get pulled over if a cop sees me.
maintenance on this car is alot, everything costs an arm and a leg. Just wait until your tires go out after 10K miles or you need to get some new brake pads. And with your heavy foot who knows how long your clutch will last.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
get a X . wait couple months and your problem will be solved..
Old Jun 12, 2007, 02:26 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Just buy an evo w/ SSL. The leather interior is sooo nice and comfy! With the $$ you save vs the 330i toss on a few mods and it will own most everything on the street.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 03:12 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Another Evo or BMW thread. ANOTHUH ONE! Get the 330i. You're not ready for the Evo.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 03:17 PM

My next car will be a 335, but for right now I am having too much fun
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Daily Driver 330, my girlfriend has one and it is nice. But in term of fun no comparison between the evo. But it all depends on what is important to you. Everything is a compromise.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Daily Driver 330, my girlfriend has one and it is nice. But in terms of fun no comparison between the evo. But it all depends on what is important to you. Everything is a compromise.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:11 AM

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...hreadid=110423

for some reason another forum has a completely different opinion (wasn't me posting there obviously).

I think I'll get the evo because the people who tell me to get a bmw are also the ones who tell me to get an auto tranny. Thanks but no thnx.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy
Mustang killing acceleration and the rush of forced induction = Evo
Uber comfort and acceleration that beats a Mustang = 330i
There are more clueless people on this forum than any other I hang out on. Just wow.

Anyway, I can't believe this is really being posted. The cars are completely different. One is a no compromise performance car which isn't for everyone and definitely lacks build quality, one is a comfortable, sporty entry-level luxury car. The Bimmer is miles better for a DD to your average person.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MRevolutionRed
evo...thats all
+1bijillon
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by 72Tornado
There are more clueless people on this forum than any other I hang out on. Just wow.

Anyway, I can't believe this is really being posted. The cars are completely different. One is a no compromise performance car which isn't for everyone and definitely lacks build quality, one is a comfortable, sporty entry-level luxury car. The Bimmer is miles better for a DD to your average person.
We are not comparing a chevy tahoe with a lambo here.

Evo is more performance oriented and that is, i think, is what I want. Then again it has to be somewhat practical. Like if i wanted all out performance I would get a
GSXR 750 bike but it is not practical at all - it would be hell to communte 60+ miles one way especially in the rain.
I figured it is practical enough to commute.

And I have 1 more (last one =) ) question. Would evo get damaged soon because the roads in NY are ****ty? I know it is not gonna be a comfy ride but I figured that since it has rally roots, it shouldn't suffer much from the bad roads.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For a daily driver I would take the 335i any day! Beautiful interior, great ride, all the other pluses that come with a BMW. My evo would be my weekend hot rod.....!!
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by 72Tornado

We are not comparing a chevy tahoe with a lambo here.

Evo is more performance oriented and that is, i think, is what I want. Then again it has to be somewhat practical. Like if i wanted all out performance I would get a
GSXR 750 bike but it is not practical at all - it would be hell to communte 60+ miles one way especially in the rain.
I figured it is practical enough to commute.

And I have 1 more (last one =) ) question. Would evo get damaged soon because the roads in NY are ****ty? I know it is not gonna be a comfy ride but I figured that since it has rally roots, it shouldn't suffer much from the bad roads.

Quick Reply: evo vs 330i (daily driver)