Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo vs 330i (daily driver)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
0-60 mph 6.2 sec for bmw 330i
0-60 mph : 6.6 sec.(manual) for volvo s40 t5
0-60 mph : 4.4 sec for evo

Volvo is a nice car though. I'll keep it in mind especially since it might be cheaper.

Seems like everyone here would pick a bmw as a daily driver or another more luxurious car.

Do all of you have your evo as a second car?
If not, are you regretting that you got it as the only car?

Never would have thought that most evos are track only cars.
Also, those bmws and volvos are everywhere in my neighborhood. Evos are very rare and I wouldn't wanna get same thing everyone else has.

Edit: My honda gets about 26 mpg in my driving conditions. I try to not go above 2.5k RPM. I would imagine I would get like 22 mpg on the evo. Not that much of a difference IMO. Also, I can't have 2 cars.

Last edited by liquidicy; Jun 14, 2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:36 PM

Bmw for daily hands down.....I enjoy my benz for daliy and its cheaper on gas...
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

I like the evo , but the bmw would be sick
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:37 PM

I can go a full tank of gas for a week....but the evo every other day...
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

>>Do all of you have your evo as a second car?

It is my primary car....

>>If not, are you regretting that you got it as the only car?

I upgraded/changed my wife's Accord for the Audi....... and now I/we drive it more often. The honda wasn't cutting it for me in terms of power/pickup in the traffic. I now only drive the Evo ~80% of the time.

>>Never would have thought that most evos are track only cars.

No they are not purely track cars, just not so comfortable. Even the Accord is more comfortable than the Evo.. it just drives like a boat and is slow as a turtle

>>Also, those bmws and volvos are everywhere in my neighborhood. Evos are >>very rare and I wouldn't wanna get same thing everyone else has.

Can't argue with that.. although as pointed out by others and myself, sometimes parking the car is stressful because of that fact. I would not even think of leaving my car to eat dinner at some places.

>>Edit: My honda gets about 26 mpg in my driving conditions. I try to not go >>above 2.5k RPM. I would imagine I would get like 22 mpg on the evo. Not that >>much of a

MPG wise in the Accord I would shoot past 30mpg on my same trip to work. Now that we have summer gas I'm at 22mpg, in the winter I'm at 18-20mpg.

As I pointed out the BMW would have more torque and get-go than the Evo.. if I drove the Evo at 2.5K rpm I might as well drive the accord. The evo has absolutely no ***** under 3K rpm at all. Go test drive them both in traffic and see how your stop and go feels. The seats are great, but once you hit a few bumps and feel the big difference in the car you can decide what you can deal with.

Don't get me wrong, the car is a total blast and a dream for me to have, but once you've had enough of it.. you've just had enough. It almost makes me just love the car more to daily drive the Audi to work, and on the weekends drive the Evo.. but when I drive it every day, come weekends it's not so much of a big deal.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:42 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
if you are just casually stoplight racing and looking for a little more power then....

stop stoplight racing and get the bmw

If you want to be smart buy a used dsm or keep driving your car. It doesn't much sound like you have a good reason to go racking up miles on a brand new car.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

The 330i would be. I wanted one for years then ended up buying an Evo. The Evo is almost the exact same size inside as a 330i. I have not one regret.

Last edited by pgjoey; Jun 14, 2007 at 02:22 PM.