Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got pulled over for flame

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boostedwrx
How did you get 9? Im gonna ask this chick at work whos married to a copy to get me some or something...
there are different asccoiations that give the cards to pledgers, I have a few from most associations and police departments. I do alot of favors and stuff, for police. I did them before I even had the evo, so its not a get out of jail free card its a go easy on me card.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbm7777
Gotta love NJ, PBA cards are the sh*t. I work with a bunch of cops and they get me cards. It is kinda like a get out of jail free card. But its only for things that are mundane. If you're speeding a bit it might get you out of a ticket. If you do a rolling stop you might get out of a ticket. If you get into an accident, sorry you're screwed. But that cop is a dick. I hope he's in clifton, I'm never up there, and now I'm pretty sure I won't be, because I'm catless. You're having a rough week with the 5-0!
I was in Montclair once. OMG I got pulled over 8 times within 4 hours finally they just told me to get on the highway and leave town.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You probably do let out flames when rev-matching. It's not a problem, but I'm sure it happens without you ever knowing.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:16 PM

They're only out to push their own agenda and extort monies for the state while they're at it. Believe it or not, when I went to traffic school years ago, the guy teaching was a lawyer on the OJ Simpson case. (his name escapes me, that was years ago) He crunched numbers on the board and showed how the court system is getting rich from traffic violations, and police departments are paying for themselves while one also pays taxes for them. Basically, if you don't want that insurance increase and the points on your license, you pay the court fees and go to traffic school. And people like him play videos and relax while collecting mounds of cash. He said there's less work and more money in playing along with the corrupt system than practicing law. (excuse the paradox, ha ha)

"Special officers"--I believe is how they classify them in California (according to the job title bulletin in LA) At any rate, traffic cops are scum. Their sole duty is to find a way to cite you. I don't stop for them on my bike no matter how minor the infraction.

It's very easy to lose faith in such a corrupt system
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Good Story!! I need to get me one of those cards.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have a HFC?

I never knew officers in NJ had mirrors and temp probes, I can't imagine not having a cat and being busted b/c the fine on that ticket would be huge.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

You said the cop saw the cat. Is there a cat there or not becuase you really shouldn't be shooting flames with a cat in-line.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:43 PM

What a major douche bag.

Then again, maybe you are running very rich? FTW
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

How much do you need to donate to get some of these PBA cards? lol
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
I was in Montclair once. OMG I got pulled over 8 times within 4 hours finally they just told me to get on the highway and leave town.
looks like ill be keeping my *** outta montclair lol
Old Jun 17, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

I can't believe so many people don't know what PBA cards are. I have one but IDK the officers name on it. I suppose I should memorize it incase I feel I have the need to use it one day. (hopefully not though)

Originally Posted by thatguy
Do you have a HFC?

I never knew officers in NJ had mirrors and temp probes, I can't imagine not having a cat and being busted b/c the fine on that ticket would be huge.
eek I didn't know that either. The DSM is catless and LOUD. Yet I've never been stopped for having a loud exhaust (knock on wood) I guess I'm one of the lucky ones in NJ. Might have to make it look like my cat is still there or something now
Old Jun 17, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evrblazin
You said the cop saw the cat. Is there a cat there or not becuase you really shouldn't be shooting flames with a cat in-line.
+1
Old Jun 17, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

^I Wish not to say.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
really??? tell us about that please
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:49 PM

Inside he really wants an evo also.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over for flame