Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Couple of Evo IX JDM Rear Bumper Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of Evo IX JDM Rear Bumper Questions

1) Will it fit properly with the stock exhaust?

2) Has anyone received an Apex Silver one from Driveline Motoring and how well is the paint matched? (I hear silver can be tricky to match)

Some dumbass rubbed my new IX SE and I figure I might as well get the JDM rear now instead of getting the stock one sanded and repainted.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

1 - I've seen JDM rear with stock exhaust in person and it fits well. Doesn't stick out too much. Also you can look at the "All exhausts that fit JDM rear" thread in show n shine section for pics.

2 - I, too have a silver Evo with JDM rear and the paint matches almost perfect. You really have to look very carefully under certain lighting to see the difference. Since your car is new, I'm sure the paint will match perfect.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:44 PM
Former Sponsor

There should be more pics of my customers bumpers posted up... I will see if I can find anyin apex silver
Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor

Not trying to thread jack or scalp in any way just trying to help out a fellow vendor!!

This is what the Silver looks like

Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I had a similar question regarding white. My IX MR is Wicked White and I've only been able to find Weightless White JDM IX bumpers. How well do they match? I've seen pics of white IXs with the JDM bumpers which look pretty good, but a picture can't show what the naked eye can.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I had a similar question regarding white. My IX MR is Wicked White and I've only been able to find Weightless White JDM IX bumpers. How well do they match? I've seen pics of white IXs with the JDM bumpers which look pretty good, but a picture can't show what the naked eye can.
White, from what I've seen is hit or miss. You either get a pretty good matching color, or you can see the difference from a mile away.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

The stock exhaust sticks out a bit. I cut the tip of mine so it would match better.

If you're looking to keep your crash bar, I can modify it for you.
I modified my stock crash bar to work.

Last edited by SophieSleeps; Jul 13, 2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrivelineSales
There should be more pics of my customers bumpers posted up... I will see if I can find anyin apex silver
(im still waiting on my towhook cover lol)
Originally Posted by shbomb8188
1 - I've seen JDM rear with stock exhaust in person and it fits well. Doesn't stick out too much. Also you can look at the "All exhausts that fit JDM rear" thread in show n shine section for pics.

2 - I, too have a silver Evo with JDM rear and the paint matches almost perfect. You really have to look very carefully under certain lighting to see the difference. Since your car is new, I'm sure the paint will match perfect.
1- the stock exhaust fits alright, not to my liking cause it sticks out a lil, but i can live with it until i get an aftermarket tbe... i just installed mine (got it from driveline) apex silver aswell, ill try to post pics either today or tomorrow after i wash my kiar
2- the paint color seems fine but then again my kiar needs a wash i only have 4k on it so there shouldnt be much of a difference

Last edited by Slick-IX; Jul 13, 2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

stock exhaust works well, have a carbon ti that i had to mod to make it fit
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:26 AM

Thanks for the info guys.

I ordered mine from Driveline Motoring last night.

I'll be using the stock exhaust until I take my car up to Buschur soon for some fun parts.

My car only has 5k miles on it, so I would think the paint should still look "original" and the new bumper should match well.

I'm interested in this modified crash beam idea. Has anyone else done this?
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

the white for the JDM Bumpers came in 2 colors the 06 wicked white which actually came off the wagon model and a pearl white which was used on the sedan models in Japan
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

i am rolling without a crash beam right now, i heard someone was thinking of producing a crash beam that would fit but really didnt follow to closely. But i do break out in a sweat when i see someone riding my tail.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^+1, i know i read something about modifying it but the bumper lookd so good i didnt want to wait lol, and ill research later
Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mexicanevo
i am rolling without a crash beam right now, i heard someone was thinking of producing a crash beam that would fit but really didnt follow to closely. But i do break out in a sweat when i see someone riding my tail.
I believe this is the one you're talking about.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=227649
I have this with my JDM rear, and it fits great.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sophie, what did you do to your crash bar to make it work? I just ordered my JDM bumper and it should be here in the next week or so. Would like to keep the crash bar if I can. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Couple of Evo IX JDM Rear Bumper Questions