Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Harness Bar Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Also, Schroth makes a harness where one of the shoulder strap has a bit of stretch built into it so you can use it on the street and it will allow you to move out of the way in case of a roll over and roof collapse.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Harness bar

Hey i just put the sparco harness bar in with sparco harnesses and its bad ***. It took me 45 minutes to put in bar and 20 minutes to do harnesses. Surprising enough the bar actually made a difference in handeling. I removed theold belts completley and the only problem is the SRS light comes on, but if you don't remove stock belts completley the damn seatbelt beep will go on forever. I will eventually ground out the sensor for the SRS light it's just too hot right now. I got my stuff from JRP but i dont recommend them. they took forever and sent me the wrong color harnesses then gave me the run around about why. Butim very happy now that there in. And yes you can add a camera to the bar, sparco sells one i think but i also saw one on Machevo i think. Good hunting and drive safe!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks everyone, Last night while i was scoping out my rear seats n how the harness bar sits i was thinking, if anyone were to sit in my rear sits, and were to be wearnig a seatbelt (With the harnessbar) and i were to crash at a high rate of speed, it seems that its near impossible for them to hit there body, because of how low the bar actually sits. Not to mention the fact that there head wouldnt come near the bar (unless there a short 5 year old lets say).

Looks like i might go with sparco harness bar with takata harness!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
Thanks everyone, Last night while i was scoping out my rear seats n how the harness bar sits i was thinking, if anyone were to sit in my rear sits, and were to be wearnig a seatbelt (With the harnessbar) and i were to crash at a high rate of speed, it seems that its near impossible for them to hit there body, because of how low the bar actually sits. Not to mention the fact that there head wouldnt come near the bar (unless there a short 5 year old lets say).

what a fool . some young punk kid who can't take any advice; and listen to what people say.

Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
To summarize for those still wondering:

1. It is NOT safe to run racing-style harnesses with only a harness bar. In the event of a rollover, the harnesses will hold you into the seat as the roof caves in, and in all likelihood your neck will snap. The stock belts will allow your body to crumple and prevent this.

2. It IS safe to run racing-style harnesses with a roll bar, meaning a bar that goes all the way up the b-pillars and curves under the roof. This will prevent the roof from caving in under impact, and is the ONLY safe way to run racing harnesses on the street.

3. It is NOT safe to run racing-style harnesses and a full cage unless you plan on having all occupants wear a helmet at all times.

4. It is NOT safe under any of these circumstances to have rear passengers!!!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer

I hope you don't find out how foolish you're being the hard way.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 72Tornado
I just didn't want to say so thanks. From the OP posts it seem he doesn't care what happens to his passengers and doesn't care about his neck being snapped. But hey the harness bar looks cool
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

To summarize for those still wondering:

1. It is NOT safe to run racing-style harnesses with only a harness bar. In the event of a rollover, the harnesses will hold you into the seat as the roof caves in, and in all likelihood your neck will snap. The stock belts will allow your body to crumple and prevent this.

2. It IS safe to run racing-style harnesses with a roll bar, meaning a bar that goes all the way up the b-pillars and curves under the roof. This will prevent the roof from caving in under impact, and is the ONLY safe way to run racing harnesses on the street.

3. It is NOT safe to run racing-style harnesses and a full cage unless you plan on having all occupants wear a helmet at all times.

4. It is NOT safe under any of these circumstances to have rear passengers!!!
But it would be safe to connect the harness to the rear seat location like Evolutionary said - correct????
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kduncan01
But it would be safe to connect the harness to the rear seat location like Evolutionary said - correct????
If you have a roll bar, yes, that would be just fine. Of course, since you're going to need a roll bar, you might as well get one with an integrated harness bar as well.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kduncan01
Yes, if you only use the car for autocross or use the Schroth harness that has the stretchy bit built into the inside shoulder belt to allow your upper body to rotate forward and down . . .

EVOlutionary
Old Jul 17, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Did i say im gunna have people in the back seat? Relaxxx lol.

Fu*king Evom'ers need to chill the fu*k out and relax.. Sh*t

Actually i find the "uptightness" quite funny
Old Jul 17, 2007, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Can anyone link me some good Roll bars?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

bump, anyone wanna show me some nice roll bars? im down with the whole safety thing
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Autopower makes good, race legal roll bars in a variety of set ups (ie. 4 point, 6 point, etc.).
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/rollbars.asp

That? I dont really understand how it would go in

Quick Reply: Harness Bar Suggestions