Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Current IX MR Pricing...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current IX MR Pricing...

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. Anywho...There is a pretty good chance that I might be purchasing an Evo MR today, but I wanted some insight from you guys on what a fair price is.

I've searched on these forums and found that some people purchased theirs for as low as 31,900 (prior to destination fees and such).

All the dealers around me are listing their MRs at sticker ($37,424).

Now the dealer has told me that they have had this car on the lot since the Evo IX MRs first came over, and I just want to know what your input is for a fair price on a new MR being sold in July that has been on the lot for awhile.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:39 AM

Check out the California dealers (where I got mine from and I'm in NYC). They have the absolute best prices. I paid $33K for my fully loaded MR-SE from South Coast/Huntington Beach. All the Mitsubishi's here are sold out, and the ONE MR-SE that was left in the Manhattan dealer had 5 guys fighting for it, so there was no way the price was gonna be good. I'd bet if you looked into west coast vs your dealer, it'll be cheaper from the west even with shipping. Good luck.

-Mike

PS. Link here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=281628

(Their advertised price went up slightly from when I got it, but probably still better than anyone else out there).

Last edited by TNTRMSKD; Jul 14, 2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the MR is fully loaded, it's a little more reasonable. That's how much the MR's are out here, base MR being about 35K. So, choice is yours. I would talk him down perhaps, or choose one of the five speeds, they a little faster on the drag strip from what I hear.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by FloopyDisk
If the MR is fully loaded, it's a little more reasonable. That's how much the MR's are out here, base MR being about 35K. So, choice is yours. I would talk him down perhaps, or choose one of the five speeds, they a little faster on the drag strip from what I hear.
Sticker is 'fair' for MR or MR-SE? I can see that maybe when the car absolutely FIRST came out here. But most places are looking to dump cars to make room for the X's. Paying sticker or anywhere close to it at this point in time would be pretty foolish...

-Mike
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah i've been browsing at the coasts...I just didn't really want to travel from Massachusetts to cali, but I do see some dealers such as south coast mitsubisi have over 50 Evos on the lot still!

The dealer i'm looking at right now has two silver ones and one GG (which is the one that i'm interested in).

There is even a dealer near me that has an MR listed on autotrader at $39,924...and to me, that is a joke.

Last edited by LITHIUM13; Jul 14, 2007 at 06:47 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

That's what I was curious about TNTRMSKD...I was thinking maybe they'd be able to move a bit since it has been on the lot since they came out, and since they will want to move them before the X comes out.

Btw, the one i'm looking at is listed as having: Appearance Package, MR Package, and Zero Lift Kit.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:48 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Show your dealer the Cali pricing and see if they'll match. You can have the car shipped for less than $1000 if you decide to order it from Cali. But, there have been some positive and negative reviews about shipping across the country. I've had a bad experience before.

Also, go on Edmunds.com and check out the dealer invoice price is for the car. Then drop that by $1000. That would be a fair price for the car considering it's been on the lot for a long time.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by LITHIUM13
Yeah i've been browsing at the coasts...I just didn't really want to travel from Massachusetts to cali, but I do see some dealers such as south coast mitsubisi have over 50 Evos on the lot still!

The dealer i'm looking at right now has to silver ones and one GG (which is the one that i'm interested in).

There is even a dealer near me that has an MR listed on autotrader at $39,924...and to me, that is a joke.
You don't really have to travel. I mean, I bought mine sight unseen. It's a dealership so you know the car is new. Just make sure before you sign any papers there is an odometer disclosure statement stating how much actual mileage is on the car. Mine had around 4, but after prep and transport ended up arriving to me with 7 which I was fine with.

If you decide to ship, DAS www.dependableautoshippers.com is pretty good but be prepared to wait a bit for your car. They (meaning their drivers) take good care of the car but the scheduling personnel are idiots. Total time between the day I booked until the car got to me was around 5 weeks.

Last edited by TNTRMSKD; Jul 14, 2007 at 06:51 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Massachusetts has dumbass laws where the car needs to be here for inspection within 7 days of purchase if I plan on registering it...there are some really dumb laws around here.

We also don't have temp plates...so that makes a problem too...

I had my last car shipped here when I moved, and it was a mess when it showed up...although the trucking company paid for a detailer to redo the whole car and it looked great...but still...
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:54 AM

yeah i don't think 3000 miles of highway is the best way to get through your break-in period anyway. definitely better to ship.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by TNTRMSKD
Sticker is 'fair' for MR or MR-SE? I can see that maybe when the car absolutely FIRST came out here. But most places are looking to dump cars to make room for the X's. Paying sticker or anywhere close to it at this point in time would be pretty foolish...
-Mike
I'm not sure anyone is "dumping" them to make room for the X. There aren't many left and the prices now are actually higher than they were in March.

To the OP - Southcoast ships cars and has done business all over the US.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

With options edmunds lists it at MSRP of $37,424, Invoice is $35,195, and "what others are paying" is $36,177 which I still think is high...so i'm going to try for 1k under invoice and see what happens.

The guy I talked to down there is really nice, and I really hope we can work something out...I just feel like paying 1k under msrp for an 06 that has been sitting on a lot is a bit much, evo or not.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:07 AM

Maybe 'dumping' wasn't the best word, lol. But dealerships are trying to get rid of the IX's at every opportunity. Especially the ones that have quite a few on hand like SC. They're not desperate per se, but definitely tons more flexible than the days where there was a 'mad rush on Evos' (where people paid sticker and sometimes even a premium on top of that). I'd say the cars on their lots are taking up valuable space which the new models, not just the Xs, are going to need. Whatever the case may be though, west coast prices are still unbeatable. You might get lucky and get your local dealer to match or come close. Just do the math. SC price + shipping vs your dealer's best price. For me the gap was just too big to make it worthwhile to purchase locally.

-Mike
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$33,000 OTD for IX MR SE here.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

I'd bring in written proof that shows south coast's pricing, but they don't show actual prices online...just msrp prices....unless someone can point me in a direction where they have a new MR fully loaded priced reasonably on paper.

edit: Nevermind...looks like they are listed lower on Autotrader.

I'd just rather drive 10 miles than 3000

Last edited by LITHIUM13; Jul 14, 2007 at 07:13 AM.