Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Intermitent oil light

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the exact same problem, dealer replaced sensor. Problem solved.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine did that right before the motor blew up
Old Jul 28, 2007, 06:03 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by talentsearch301
mine did that right before the motor blew up
Now that is exactly what the original poster should be worried about.This is not a
"ho-hum" problem that get's over looked and you can "get to it when I have a chance",you should be getting this checked out before you even start and drive the car again.It may be something simple as an oil pressure sender or wiring but what if it is not? Save yourself alot of money (and headache's)and get it checked out today,or before you start and drive your car again.
Put it this way,if you had $10,000 in your checking account and wrote out a check for $20.00 and it bounced,when would you be calling your bank to find out why? Would you just write out another check or would you be right down at the bank?........That is what I thought and this should be treated the same way,if you like your car that is.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by turboDan
Now that is exactly what the original poster should be worried about.This is not a
"ho-hum" problem that get's over looked and you can "get to it when I have a chance",you should be getting this checked out before you even start and drive the car again.It may be something simple as an oil pressure sender or wiring but what if it is not? Save yourself alot of money (and headache's)and get it checked out today,or before you start and drive your car again.
Put it this way,if you had $10,000 in your checking account and wrote out a check for $20.00 and it bounced,when would you be calling your bank to find out why? Would you just write out another check or would you be right down at the bank?........That is what I thought and this should be treated the same way,if you like your car that is.
Amen