Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AP Mount complete bolt-on...I like it.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beatrush Front Mount, just bolt in on and go. A little bit more then others, but a very nice part like all there stuff.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Powerflex mounts...I have 3 of the 4 and they work real well, vibration minimal with a/c a little more...Shifting is improved, motor movement much less, one other consideration is with the std mounts not only the motor flexes but so does the trans--in other cars I have cracked the trans cases on hard launches due to this flex...so to minimize broken parts (transfer case) the biggest consideration and vibration minimized as the next most important piece,,do the mounts. Installing them takes some time--and a hack saw..Wish they came in Black!.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

i just bought the Buschur racing front insert.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

I JUST installed all four of the powerflex and its pretty rattly. Most noticeably at idle, you can even see the headlights shaking. Going down the road its not bad, you definately feel it in the wheel a bit.

Its a toss up to me. The shifting is improved and you do notice the response but in a daily driver I don't know how long I am going to live with it for. Everyone says you don't notice it after a couple weeks cause they break in, but I find it hard to believe that the polly gives any more than it does now. Maybe you just get used to it??? I'll give it a few more days before I take them out. Its the idle vibration I can't deal with.

Maybe I should phase them out one at a time and see if it gets better and how.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i am just doing the front...on friday w/ the beatrush rear diff and drive shaft bushings...

along with the exedy twin disc...lol..car should be ready to hit the track after that.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

I simply changed the front lower mount with the Polyurathane (spell?).. Little vibration, but a helluva difference.. If it's an everyday driver I wouldn't go too much further than that.. IMO.. Cause it could get annoying after a little while of stop and go traffic..
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gamebred26
yeah i am just doing the front...on friday w/ the beatrush rear diff and drive shaft bushings...

along with the exedy twin disc...lol..car should be ready to hit the track after that.

Friday? or Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Originally Posted by Jonasan50
I simply changed the front lower mount with the Polyurathane (spell?).. Little vibration, but a helluva difference.. If it's an everyday driver I wouldn't go too much further than that.. IMO.. Cause it could get annoying after a little while of stop and go traffic..
Yeah I am gonna start by putting my rear mount back to stock and see what happens. Sounds like most of the vibration comes from there. I guess I went a little overboard. Should ahve installed them one at a time to see what happens. Now I gotta buy a new rear mount
Old Oct 2, 2007, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMS Purple ones produce to much vibration for me, but serve their use. Even more when your running the A/C at idel. AGP FTW!
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Foggy
Another thing you might consider (if you're worried about vibration) is to go with a solid front mount and/or one of those shock-type engine stabilizers that mounts on top of the engine by the strut tower. I tried to find a link for you, but I can't remember where I saw it around here...
I had the Ingalls Stiffy Dampener.....worked good.....sold it, got the AMS poly front mount....now it works great.

Car feels more responsive due to the engine moving less. Felt like a new car after the install. Vibration is very minimal. I thought I did something wrong because I thought I would feel more.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

i have the 90 durometer front ams urethane mount. its red.

made a huge difference in shifting. does vibrate a bit but im used to it. and it does get better with time.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostEEd
I JUST installed all four of the powerflex and its pretty rattly. Most noticeably at idle, you can even see the headlights shaking. Going down the road its not bad, you definately feel it in the wheel a bit.

Its a toss up to me. The shifting is improved and you do notice the response but in a daily driver I don't know how long I am going to live with it for. Everyone says you don't notice it after a couple weeks cause they break in, but I find it hard to believe that the polly gives any more than it does now. Maybe you just get used to it??? I'll give it a few more days before I take them out. Its the idle vibration I can't deal with.

Maybe I should phase them out one at a time and see if it gets better and how.
usually the vibration isnt bad with just the front and two side motor mounts. upgrading the rear motor mount usually causes the bad vibration
Old Oct 3, 2007, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hmm i need to look into a set of these it seems
Old Oct 3, 2007, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo150
usually the vibration isnt bad with just the front and two side motor mounts. upgrading the rear motor mount usually causes the bad vibration
Ya I started to take the rear out last night to put the stock mount back in and ran out of time! I will probably do it this weekend and report back!
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone get more drivetrain whine or gear whine after the mounts? I dont have much added vibration after doing FRONT and SIDE Powerflex mounts, but I hear my gear noise a lot more... Hope I didnt mess up the tranny jacking it up so much putting the damn thing in.