Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Weird boost jumps......?? or something else

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like clutch is slipping! That is what mine is doing, and now I have an Exedy HD Twin Plate sitting in our barn waiting to go to either Buschurs or Shep for a tranny rebuild and install the clutch! Just depends on who can get it don the fastest! They are both great guys! Bu yes, its your clutch!
Old Oct 8, 2007, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by awdwannabe
sorry to hear it blew on you man.. you just have to take it very easy if anything like this ever happens.. no launches, half throttle or less.
Tuesday's my trip to AMS to get my clutch done... then it's break in time, then....

its all good.. i was with my pops and we were takin it easy.. we were goin like 50mph and the rmps were jumpin all over the place to like 5k. then we got stuck at a light and it started to smoke and smell. then he tried to go and the clutch wouldnt grab at all. so now its dead.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Time for a new clutch.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by killme4food
its all good.. i was with my pops and we were takin it easy.. we were goin like 50mph and the rmps were jumpin all over the place to like 5k. then we got stuck at a light and it started to smoke and smell. then he tried to go and the clutch wouldnt grab at all. so now its dead.
When they (or you) take out your old clutch take a look at is and see if it was stock or what kinda clutch it was. since your car was bought used it will kinda give you an idea of how the last owner drove it.