Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

aem wideband sesor question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aem wideband sensor question

okay, i just got tuned on c-16 race gas...i have ran a total of 10 gallons of c-16 and my wideband sensor fouled i guess...so i went and bought a new one and works perfect...my question is what can i do to keep the sensor from fowling out every time i run 10 galons of c-16?? could i use two spark plug non foulers like you would use to keep frpm throwing a cel light? also my sensor is at my test pipe..im running 35r so i didnt want to put it to close to the turbo.......tuners said it was perfectly fine were it was at...i stated this cause i didnt want to hear i had it to far back...lol

thanks for any feedback.....also i did a search and didnt find what i was looking for...thanks ahead of time

mike

Last edited by Mike.p; Nov 20, 2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

lead leaves a deposit on the sensor that fouls it out. Heat helps burn that deposit off, but doesn't stop it totally from forming. Running too rich in combo with the race gas will make it worse. If you're using C-16 to putz around town and never really get the 02 sensor hot with WOT exhaust gasses, that's a triple whammy! It might be too far back depending on how you're using the car and how it's tuned.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

it actually seems to be tuned a little rich cause im on stock motor so we wanted to be safe....i think im runnin around 11.9 -12.2 give or take, on race gas 28 psi. the only time i rune c-16 is when i plan on running so i really do do daily driving with it..just mostly wide open stuff....is there a way to clean the fouled o2 to mabey make it work again?? also would some non-foulers like you wouuld use with test pipes not to throw an cel light work?? also would it be acurate?? also msence i seem to be running a little rich should i move it to my o2 housing? thanks for the help
Old Nov 20, 2007, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike.p
it actually seems to be tuned a little rich cause im on stock motor so we wanted to be safe....i think im runnin around 11.9 -12.2 give or take, on race gas 28 psi. the only time i rune c-16 is when i plan on running so i really do do daily driving with it..just mostly wide open stuff....is there a way to clean the fouled o2 to mabey make it work again?? also would some non-foulers like you wouuld use with test pipes not to throw an cel light work?? also would it be acurate?? also msence i seem to be running a little rich should i move it to my o2 housing? thanks for the help
there's really no way to clean an 02 sensor once it's fouled. Heat is your friend, but once it's fouled, it's fouled. Anti foulers will most likely cause a false reading IMO. I don't know anyone who has tried it, but the fact that it "fakes" out the secondary 02 sensor on stockish cars, I'd bet it would "fake out" the wideband also.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

yeah true...so then you think i should move the sensor up to the o2 housing being heat is my friend..lol????