Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Might be getting an Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:40 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kilgoja
just get a truck man...like the 1988 toyota tacoma i had when i was your age...bought it used with 100k miles on it....paid $6000.....drove it until 300k with hardly any problems at all....that thing was indestructable...i think the guy i sold it to is still driving it around...lol...man i miss that truck...(sheds a tear)
Someone is living vicariously through others
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

alot good points here, i just want to add besides mods and gas and maintenance, the real issue is this is a performance car, drive hard and eventually things break, and those things are expensive, one real bad launch can blow a transfer case, tranny or diff. Or even worse all 3 at the same time, just in parts u will be dumping 6-8k on those parts to fix. But with all that said, i bought my evo at 20 my only regret was i modded first b4 i paid it off, my suggustion for you is enjoy stock power and learn to drive the car first while paying off all of the loan, then when u have no payment begin the modding addiction.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Man if you want it and really, I mean really have a passion for it, go for it. If you're not paying rent and you are working two jobs, there's really no reason why you can't afford it. Even if it turns out you can't afford it, you move on and learn from your mistake. Everybody on here has made a decision at one time or another to go against other people's better judgement, some w/ good results other w/ bad. The point is you learn and you're a better person for the things you go through in life. Just be dedicated and you'll be alright; make sure this is what you want, don't limit yourself in life if this car hasn't captured your heart and soul. Good luck either way. Ps sorry, I've been drinking.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I would use the money to go to school and get an education. While a 300 hp car is appealing at 18, it pales in how unappealing a crappy job is at 30.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

I say if you know you truly want it and you know you'll be able to handle both jobs then go for it. Im 18 and im currently looking for my evo too, however I only work one job.. but it pays really well
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

also... bloodhound gang rocks. Have a nice day.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:15 PM
sk8

If you've got to ask, you probably can't afford it...
Anyways, how isn't college your thing?

Young and abundent poon doesn't temp you?
Non-stop drinking doesn't temp you?
Taking home girls 2+ at a time doesn't temp you?
Getting an education that can get your dreams and more doesn't temp you?

Work on getting some 18 y/o poon and get into college. Trust me, you'll always be able to find an Evo in the future.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

words of wisdom, you should run for some type of office, cause you would have this guys vote
Originally Posted by sk8
If you've got to ask, you probably can't afford it...
Anyways, how isn't college your thing?

Young and abundent poon doesn't temp you?
Non-stop drinking doesn't temp you?
Taking home girls 2+ at a time doesn't temp you?
Getting an education that can get your dreams and more doesn't temp you?

Work on getting some 18 y/o poon and get into college. Trust me, you'll always be able to find an Evo in the future.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

get a AWD eclipse instead. at your age the payments, insurance (til your 25), and wear-n-tear items will leave you with an empty pocket at the end of the day

not to mention premium and the craving to mod!

i would wait a few years until you are more financially stable and have at least a little 'nestegg'