Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Crash!!!! Rim Damage Need Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that deductible blows lol buy my rims for less than the deductible and be all set for less ...jk

anyways i would find out that plate on the tractor trailer its not worth you filing an insurance claim your rates will go up cuz some asshat 15 year old mexican was probably driving that truck
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

I hate deductibles. I recently got rid of mine. I was rocking a $500 deductible and paying $72 a month for full coverage. Now I have a ZERO deductible and I pay $74 a month.

Two dollars more. That's it.

Seriouosly, when this is all said and done, look into getting rid of your deductible. You might also save money in the end by just having the rims resurfaced and paying for it out of your own pocked instead of doing the insurance claim.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spooch
that deductible blows lol buy my rims for less than the deductible and be all set for less ...jk

anyways i would find out that plate on the tractor trailer its not worth you filing an insurance claim your rates will go up cuz some asshat 15 year old mexican was probably driving that truck

The semi truck is not what caused him to have to swerve. It was the car that was to his left that wanted to be in his lane more than he did.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

yeah thanks 90gsx-03evo i will look into that.....and yeah that deductible does blow but w/e its better than receiving nothing i guess
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
The next time you have to swerve to avoid someone like this, be sure that once your rims are making contact with the curb, that you swerve back and make contact with the asshat's car. That way, the collision isn't your fault. See, you swerved to avoid the other car who was improperly changing lanes, and then when you hit the curb, it bounced you back in to his car.

Also, if you know where he was going (warehouse) then is it possible that he'll be going there again? I smell a steakout!

That's a great idea but why not just let them hit you when they come into your lane and then the collision is their fault because they hit you. My co-worker says you actually need to quickly identify the vehicle's age to determine if they have insurance before going with this plan.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

lol wow 2 good laughs so far.....how much do you think they will end up giving me for everything....i mean im going to throw in that i need new tires rims an alignment balacing tie rod check etc....anyone have a guess or an estimate lol
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
That's a great idea but why not just let them hit you when they come into your lane and then the collision is their fault because they hit you. My co-worker says you actually need to quickly identify the vehicle's age to determine if they have insurance before going with this plan.
Because it's not considered to be their fault when you COULD have avoided it and did nothing. You have to try to avoid the accident, even if they are clearly at fault. I blame Kalifornia for laws like this.

Also, if you have full coverage, it doesn't usually matter if they have insurance or not (that's what uninsured / underinsured motorist coverage is for). They cause the wreck, it's their fault. Your insurance company will cover the damage to your car (with no deductible out of your pocket since you weren't at fault) and then your insurance company will go after the other driver's insurance for reimbursement, or will simply go after the other driver. If you've got a good insurance company like mine, they'll handle all the legal BS while you drive your freshly repaired car with a smile on your face knowing that you helped make an idiot's life a little less pleasant.

Last edited by 90GSX-03EVO; Jan 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:48 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're lucky it wasn't worse since you ended up under a semi.

Your insurance will only pay for the part(s) that were damaged. Since your deductible is $500, and if nothing else is damaged except for the rims, you might be better off not filing a claim and just buying used rims from someone on here. Plus, if you file a claim, you run the risk of your premium increasing.

I had a similar situation about 2 weeks ago. It was raining out and I was driving on the freeway doing about 60mph. The guy in the lane directly next to me decided he wanted to merge into the my lane. Thank goodness the Evo is as quick as it is. I dropped it into 4th and slammed the gas to avoid the guy.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

totally stake that warehouse out man. Get that plate number lol
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:01 PM
Account Disabled

lol yeah i am going to do that though.....and 90gsx-03evo the problem is i didnt file a report the guy left as soon as he saw me under the semi....he brake hard and slowed down to see if i was ok and then hauled A**....since i was under the semi i couldnt possibly follow and by the time i got out to see it he had already turned left...so it was to late.....and yeah so far it seems like only the rims but my alignment is off and i would like my car inspected to see if my tie rod, arms, etc is ok....what about wheel balancing and tires....would they cover this??
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

bro you also should go get a quote at mitusbishi for 2 new rims/ are your tires good?? if not get the 2 new rims/2 tires/alignment/balancing thewhole works... have it in paper they do it all the time... they give a nice high one because there a STEALERSHIP ...Theyll probably quote it for like 1300.00 so youd end up with 800 after the deductible
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

It's part of returning the car back to normal, so it will be covered. If you get in a head-on collision, they don't just replace your headlight housings, they'll give you new bulbs, too. Sorry, but that's the best comparison I can make.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
glad its only that, damn semi trucks. I always stay away from them, I got used wheels for 350 bux. I remember when i got hit by snow plow, dude was backing up without even looking, i did honk few times, no time to react and got hit. the company paid every dime for the damage.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:28 PM
Account Disabled

yeah ok i guess that makes sense....thats mostly what has been having me shi***ng bricks....i have full coverage on it as well so im pretty sure it wont go to bad...but w/e lets c...ill keep u guys posted tomorrow thanks for all the help
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

man i would kill that dude

Quick Reply: Crash!!!! Rim Damage Need Help!!!!