Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

who has the UK IX chrome badge in stock

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who has the UK IX chrome badge in stock

i have checked everywhere. i need the uk evolution IX in chrome trunk badge. like this:

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=49&page=1

lancershop has been out of stock for who knows how long. i have checked all big vendors including japanparts, mitsubishiparts, gruppes, z1, etc. nobody has it. i ordered a knock off a while back from ebay for 30 bucks and it was a flimsy weak piece of crap. thats why ill go with the UK one. i had UK VIII badge on my 8 and it lasted 2 years no peeling or loosening. if anyone has bought recently let me know.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been looking as well, can't find anyone selling the real UK piece. I also bought the $30 one, most of it is in great condition but the X.. omg it's been mangled beyond belief.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:19 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Looking as well, seems like they are a bit hard to find at the moment. I emailed Lancershop and Turbowholesale (which happens to be owned by the same people lol) and this was what they had to say:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

The part you are inquiring about: Part# SR010344 is not in stock. It normally takes about 4-6 weeks to get once an order is placed due to the fact that we received them from the UK. We do have that item on order. The best thing to do is place an order for the item and you will be on the list to get one once they come back in stock.

Thank you,

-----------------------------------------------
Bonnie
Support Management Division
MastaMinds Inc | Specialty Retailers
Old May 15, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

well i just subscribed to lancershops email list and they will contact me when item is in stock. im not about to order and pay for something that is coming in 6 weeks. that is a "screw lancershop thread" waiting to happen.

the knock off emblem i got came in good shape, but it was real flimsy and the quality of the adhesive didnt look like it would hold well. i just ate the $30 and never put it on. i had the UK VIII badge on my VIII and that thing stuck like it came on the car. no corners ever peeled and it never loosened.
Old May 15, 2008, 12:08 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by evilution8
well i just subscribed to lancershops email list and they will contact me when item is in stock. im not about to order and pay for something that is coming in 6 weeks. that is a "screw lancershop thread" waiting to happen.

the knock off emblem i got came in good shape, but it was real flimsy and the quality of the adhesive didnt look like it would hold well. i just ate the $30 and never put it on. i had the UK VIII badge on my VIII and that thing stuck like it came on the car. no corners ever peeled and it never loosened.
Some people that have purchased the knock-off badges have complained about the badges coming off and towels catching on the corners of the badge when drying their cars post washing.

I'd rather just wait it out to be honest.
Old May 15, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

yeah im gonna wait it out. im not putting the cheapo one on my car. like i said i had the VIII uk one and it lasted 2 years until i sold the car no problems. stuck like a champ.
Old May 15, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Is this a chromed plastic or a spongy like material with a crome letters on it?
Old May 15, 2008, 09:26 PM
BGR
Evolving Member

Sometimes I see those on eBay but be careful of copies - just read the description carefully and/or email the seller.
Old May 15, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Are you talking about just the Diamond or where it says Evolution in chrome letters? Because on mine (bought it used, not sure if it's factory or not) has a red overlay of the chromed emblem, basically making the emblem red but with a chrome outline. If this does come stock this way.. simply peel off the overlay, all it is, is a little sticker.. and there ya go.. chromed emblem in less than 1 min..
Old May 15, 2008, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

we are talking about the actual letters evolution ix. see the link i posted. its a nice looking chromes plastic, but you need the oem or uk because the adhesive is good. on the knockoffs those babies peel and look crappy real quick. the oem uk one sticks like a champ. worth the extra 40 if you ask me.
Old May 16, 2008, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Are the real ones solid chromed plastic (ABS). All the ones I have seen are a sponge like material with a chrome coating on them.
Old May 16, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racer135
Are the real ones solid chromed plastic (ABS). All the ones I have seen are a sponge like material with a chrome coating on them.
im pretty sure the oem/uk ones are chromed plastic. they are not spongy at all.
Old May 16, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

No they're not spongy, but they're not as solid as the USDM Evolution badge. The real deal is worth the wait. I was hoping they would have an OEM UK Evo X chrome badge, but then it dawned on me that I could just buy an Evo IX one and remove the I. Too bad nobody has any.

ATTN VENDORS - That's about 4-5 of us that will purchase right way if any of you guys have any!
Old May 16, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

they are NOT spongy! I bought this peice a while back from Lancershop.com.
Old May 16, 2008, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Yea i got mine from lancershop last month. They said they had 2 left in the warehouse. I'm sure they werent telling no jokes.

Quick Reply: who has the UK IX chrome badge in stock