Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gauge Cluster Lights Not Working Right

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2008, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge Cluster Lights Not Working Right

Alright so here's the thing- the lights in my gauge cluster turn completley off when i turn on my headlights or even the parking lights. The LED lights (i.e. the seat belt light, headlight indicator, etc) still turn on. But any time my headlights/parking lights aren't on the gauge cluster lights up like normal. but when i turn the stick they turn off. Any ideas? Thanks guys!
Old Jun 20, 2008, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you checked your dimmer switch?
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by JDMCT9MR
Have you checked your dimmer switch?
Yeah the dimmer switch does nothing to help. They still stay off.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Are they normal when they are lit up? Its possible one of the cables is loose from the back of the pod.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by JJsEvo8
Are they normal when they are lit up? Its possible one of the cables is loose from the back of the pod.
Yeah they are totally normal when lit. I think it might be a loose cable. On the way to work tonight i was driving over a couple bumbs and they work again (for now). Hey it's an excuse to get some new bulbs overlays since i'll be in there right?
Old Jun 20, 2008, 09:19 PM

Hey i had a similar problem, and im pretty mch sure that its wired wrong. You need to take it to an electricion and let him wire it properly im pretty sure thats the problem. OR you just ceck it yourself and make sure that the lights are tapping into a correct power wire it sounds likes it wired wrongly to me but i could be wrong.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by jayIII
Hey i had a similar problem, and im pretty mch sure that its wired wrong. You need to take it to an electricion and let him wire it properly im pretty sure thats the problem. OR you just ceck it yourself and make sure that the lights are tapping into a correct power wire it sounds likes it wired wrongly to me but i could be wrong.
cool thanks. How much did it run you to fix it? If you don't mind me asking.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by shroomster84
cool thanks. How much did it run you to fix it? If you don't mind me asking.

He should charge you barely anything its just for him to run the power for the bulbs to another sorce, to the source that when you turn on your park lights they turn on, he should charge you anythign outrageous, i wouldn't pay him more than 25, 50$ its really simple simple all he has to do is find the 12V source when the park lights come on and then tap into it, if you were where i was i'd do it for free
Old Jun 21, 2008, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by jayIII
He should charge you barely anything its just for him to run the power for the bulbs to another sorce, to the source that when you turn on your park lights they turn on, he should charge you anythign outrageous, i wouldn't pay him more than 25, 50$ its really simple simple all he has to do is find the 12V source when the park lights come on and then tap into it, if you were where i was i'd do it for free
Thanks bro! I'll have someone check it out ASAP!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:54 PM

good help right there