Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock heat range HID for 06 evo mr

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2008, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock heat range HID for 06 evo mr

hey guys i need some help i was wondering if there was a way to adjust your headlights up and down besides the toggle switch in the cockpit because my passenger light is extremely brighter than the other. i mean bright it does not even have that blueish tint when i go over bumps at all like all the other evos i see with HIDS. do you guys think i need new bulbs or is that one out of wack is there anyway i can test them to be sure. if i need new ones what color and size and brand bulb do you think i should go with thanks guys i have been searching for this answere for a bit now it is really bugging me. thanks guys.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

bump it is kinda embarrassing when someone you know is driving in front of you and asks when you see them what is wrong with your headlights lol on a 30k+ car please help me.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:50 PM

I dont have an answer for you, but for the IX, it should be (low beam) 9006 size. Color temp, can be what ever you want. As for the Watts, mine is running 35W, but I dont know if the MRs run the same.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

so far i did find that the bulb type that is ds2 type bulb for the low beam.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

not sure what you mean, but here is a link on how to adjust your headlights up & down.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75583
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

it just does not tell me the stock heat range for the bulb
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

since you have hid. stock heat range is 4300k. try the headlight adjustment first. maybe its aiming to high/low. level it. Try to look at the bulbs, if your not the first owner maybe two kinds of bulbs are in there.

Last edited by hang187; Jul 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

Check your ground wires too. I had one stay dimmed once. Ground was just loose.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:31 AM

Maybe its not the bulb, maybe the ballast? It is possible...
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:45 AM
Evolved Member

4300k D2s
Old Jul 31, 2008, 07:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by MRfabolous
hey guys i need some help i was wondering if there was a way to adjust your headlights up and down besides the toggle switch in the cockpit because my passenger light is extremely brighter than the other. i mean bright it does not even have that blueish tint when i go over bumps at all like all the other evos i see with HIDS. do you guys think i need new bulbs or is that one out of wack is there anyway i can test them to be sure. if i need new ones what color and size and brand bulb do you think i should go with thanks guys i have been searching for this answere for a bit now it is really bugging me. thanks guys.
Trust me, you don't need new bulbs. You need to align your headlights. One is obviously alot higher than the other, which makes it "look brighter" when you look at your headlights face on. The reason why, is because projectors have a very sharp cutoff, and when you look below that cutoff, it's going to look bright as hell. If you look above the cutoff, it looks normal/not very bright.

The reasoning why one may look bluer is because you're looking into the cutoff of the projector. There is normally alot of blue/purple colors along the cutoff due to the optics of how a projector works.

The other projector is pointed to high, so it's not going to seem as blue.

Take a picture of your headlights against a white wall. I'd like to see how far off they are. That'd help alot!

Old Jul 31, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the right one is supposed to be aimed higher to see street signs, while the left one is lower as to not blind on-coming traffic.

i got really annoyed when my body guy aligned them both level! They are not supposed to be level :/ its just that everyone adjusts them level.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

thanks guys i am going to try to level them when i find the screw and i will take a pic before and after.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
the right one is supposed to be aimed higher to see street signs, while the left one is lower as to not blind on-coming traffic.

i got really annoyed when my body guy aligned them both level! They are not supposed to be level :/ its just that everyone adjusts them level.
That's not completely correct. They are usually level with each other, but the actual housing isn't a level line. The right (from inside) side of the beam cutoff is higher than the left. It looks like this:

Code:
       ________
______/
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:09 AM

4300k, but thats not going to fix an alignment issue.