Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car Steaming!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2008, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Steaming!!!

k guys i just put on my invidia O2 on and i turned on the car. started up fine but after a couple of seconds the car started steaming. it doesn't seem like its coming from anywhere in particluar. My thought is thats its the PB blaster steaming up or perhaps the anti-seize but im not sure. I left the car running for a couple minutes and the steam didn't stop and it continued to emit the vapor after i shut it off. Any ideas as far as what it may be or what i should do????
Old Sep 27, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dwnfdrknss
k guys i just put on my invidia O2 on and i turned on the car. started up fine but after a couple of seconds the car started steaming. it doesn't seem like its coming from anywhere in particluar. My thought is thats its the PB blaster steaming up or perhaps the anti-seize but im not sure. I left the car running for a couple minutes and the steam didn't stop and it continued to emit the vapor after i shut it off. Any ideas as far as what it may be or what i should do????
I would imagine it's the same as putting on a new exhaust, it smokes a bit at first, but will go away soon enough.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

yeah its normal. happened to me
Old Sep 27, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

yea i thought so too but like i said its steaming up from under the hood seems like its from the exhaust manifold or a little underneath maybe where the mai and hot side meet up. i re-checked the torque and its fine. the vapor has this smell to it unlike exhaust vapor though.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 03:02 PM

ur all good dude. its jus the oil form your skin on the exhaust parts dont worry about it